Free Wind: Chapter Twenty-Two

First greetings come with respect. Second Greetings come with kindness. Third greetings come with joy, but meeting more so will just bring love.

It has been a week since the Nie's stayed at the Cloud Recesses. Nie Huaisang kept Wei Wuxian company as Lan Wangji continued his seclusion for another week. Nie Mingjue and Lan Xichen occasionally had tea with Wei Wuxian in a pavilion upon insistence. This time around, Madam Lan would enjoy seating on the porch with Wei Wuxian by here side. Having nice conversations and laughs coming from here and there.

"A-Sang!"

Called out the young master who made his way to the one who had sat on a pavilion fanning himself.

"Wuxian, what brings you here to find me?"

[God damn why is he looking beautiful?(• ▽ •;)]

"I wanted to ask if you'd like to join me and Madam Lan in drinking tea."

"I thought male disciples should have an appropriate distance with female cultivators here."

"Ah, I'm particularly close with Madam Lan since she has raised me. I'm sure she'd like to meet you too."

"I guess it wouldn't hurt to meet her."

Nie Huaisang stood up and walked over to Wei Wuxian who had a smile on his face.

"Let's go!"

Wei Wuxian walked before Nie Huaisang, guiding him to the Gentian House. Upon arriving, there was a beautiful woman sitting on the porch with here delicate eyes closed.

"Madam Lan!"

The woman opened here golden eyes as she smiled at Wei Wuxian who made his way to her.

"The tea is ready, A-Ying."

"I bought a friend!"

"Ah, you must be Young Master Nie."

"This young master greets you, Madam Lan. I am Nie Huaisang of the Qinghe Nie Sect."

"No need for formalities. Come, join us."

"Pardon me."

Both Wei Wuxian and Nie Huaisang sat on the porch as Madam Lan offered them tea. Smiling as they began to drink.

"How is your studies going, A-Ying?"

"A-diē is getting even more strict with me. I'm glad he forgave me from shaving his beared. It grew back but I prefer him more with a clean face."

[Mister Lan Qiren without a beared... How does he look like...?]

"Oh you know your father is a man of simplicity."

Madam Lan sighed as she sipped from her drink.

"Are you not lonely that A-Zhan is not with you?"

"Mm, I miss him."

Wei Wuxian frowned as he looked at his cup.

"A-Ying, you've been particularly stuck with him ever since you asked for me to allow you to court him. Being away for a month isn't long enough."

"But I miss night hunting with him. Lan Yong won't stop coming near me when he's not with me!"

"Lan Yong? Does he have interest in you?"

"I don't know."

"Who wouldn't have interest in you, Wuxian? I mean in my sight you are very beautiful."

"You flatter me, A-Sang."

"Young Master Nie has good eye sight. I presume you admire A-Yings' beauty so."