People Around: Chapter Twenty-Eight

A warm heart can break, a cold one can melt and beat once again. A confused heart will be as rowdy as an angry horse, but it will never be as loud as a heart that has found love.

As they neared the women's camp, the conversation went different roads.

"What is your relationship with Second Young Master Lan? He's been looking for you earlier and he was worried."

"Lan Zhan was looking for me?"

Wei Wuxian averted her gaze as he stared down to the ground.

"Is there something sensitive about the topic?"

"You know the feeling when you're proud of the relationship but people stick their noses in too much... It's uncomfortable..."

"Oh..."

Jiang Yanli got it.

"You're Second Young Master Lan's boyfriend?"

"Bethrothed but yes you can say I'm his lover."

"Congratulations! I mean but nobody knows about this at all..."

"Mysterious Golden Flower of Gusu Lan. That's me."

Jiang Yanli gasped.

"I thought the flower was a maiden! I didn't expect it would be you, A-Xian."

"Hehe. Surprise?"

"Don't worry! I fully support your relationship."

"Thank you, Shiejie."

"No problem! It's lovely to see a couple being happy. When others are talking bad about your relationship, I'll talk to them! I don't want to see such lovely boy frown."

"This is embarrassing."

"Ah! It's Wei Ying!"

Wei Wuxian looked forward as they were greeted by the women disciples.

"Auntie! Big sisters! It's been awhile."

"What brings Wei Ying here?"

"I showed Shiejie the way here."

"Hello, I am Jiang Yanli, first born of the Jiang Sect."

"It's nice to have you here, Young Maiden Jiang. Will you?"

"Oh yes."

Jiang Yanli started following behind two Lan disciples.

"I'll see you soon, A-Xian!"

"They'll take care of you, Shiejie."

"Wei Ying, take these bamboo shoots. They'll be good to cook with Madam Lan."

"I see, thank you Auntie."

"Be careful on your way back boy."

"You stay safe too, Auntie."

Wei Wuxian took the basket and started walking back to the Gentian house, which is rather a long way back. The only company he has now are the flowing leaves and chirping birds. Lowering his head as he knows, he'll get in another argument with Lan Wangji when he gets back. Arguments he always starts because of his emotions. There are no relationships that don't have arguments after all, right? No matter how perfect it is, problems won't stop from appearing. A voice called out to Wei Wuxian, lifting his head when he saw Nie Huaisang with someone else.

"Wuxian!"

"A-Sang? What is it?"

Wei Wuxian walked over to them and placed the basket on a stone.