Failed Abience: Chapter Fourty-Five

Friend or foe, we live. Held or not, we breath the same air. Selfishness is not an exception to life.

Countless screams erupted from disciples.

"WHAT IS THAT?!"

"A MONSTER!"

"IT'S FREAKING MASSIVE!"

Wei Wuxian looked down and saw the eyes of such beast they stood on.

[Shit.]

The monster turned it's head and made eye contact with Wei Wuxian who held tightly on Wen Chao.

"Hi? Nice to meet you-"

Wei Wuxian didn't move for the monster didn't move as well.

[Huh... Looks like this monster can't see very well... Like a snake... Maybe it won't notice us as long as we stay still-]

"QUICK! HELP ME! WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!"

Wen Chao cried out.

"IDIOT!"

The monster turned it's head and growled. Letting out a screech so hellish, it sent shivers down the other's spines. Wei Wuxian took the sword and threw it at the monster, causing a distraction before throwing Wen Chao towards his men.

"WEI YING!"

Wei Wuxian stared at the beast.

"F-FIRE!!"

Countless arrows rained down towards the hard shell of the beast. Wei Wuxian squinted his eyes.

"It's no use! The arrows are just scratching it's skin!"

"L-LET ME GO!!"

"Lady Luo!"

Wei Wuxian gritted his teeth as he jumped towards Wang LingJao and Luo Qingyang. Quickly shielding the lady but his chest got hit instead. Pushing the woman on to the ground

"AGH!"

"H-HOW DARE YOU HIT ME?"

Wang LingJao stared in horror as Wei Wuxians' new burnt scar bled.

"AHHH!"

"N-nngh..."

Wei Wuxian held his chest. Lan Wangji and Lan Xichen were alarmed.

"WEI YING!"

"XIANXIAN!"

Jiang Wanyin was enraged, being the closest, he jumped in and grabbed the woman's face.

"JIAOJIAO! QUICKLY SOMEONE SAVE MY JIAOJIAO!"

Jiang Wanyin made sure to slam the woman's face to the ground hard enough she lost a tooth and now have a broken nose. Wen Zhuilu stepped in and kicked Jiang Wanyin away, picking Wang LingJao up by the collar and throwing her towards Wen Chao.

"WAHHHHHH! MASTER WEN! MASTER WEN THEY'RE BULLYING ME!! WAHHHHHHHH!!!"

"Don't cry, JiaoJiao, don't cry!"

Wen Chao hugged Wang LingJao close.

"EVERYONE! RETREAT!!"

The Wens mounted their swords, Wen Chao grabbed someone's sword and flew off with Wang LingJao, with the other Wens following behind. The rest, were left for fate.

"SEAL THIS CAVE UP! QUICKLY!"

Wen soldiers sliced up the vine connected to the entrance, the last lifeline they have to go back to the outside world.

"Wei Ying!"

Lan Wangji pulled Wei Wuxian up who held the wound close.

"Heh... Lan Zhan..."