Sequestered Preserve: Chapter Thirty-Eight

Relatively, people may have similar experiences with others. Regardless of those, it is still normal for you to receive some kind of comfort. From time and time again.

Wei Wuxian was now walking around, Lan Wangji went back to the others to explain why they were gone for three days at that. Wei Wuxian stopped when he saw someone sitting by a lone bench while holding a book in hand. It was Meng Yao, the one who accompanies Nie Huaisang around. He decided to go after him, now nearing the bench with a smile.

"Hello."

Meng Yao jumped from his seat.

"A-Ah! Young Master Wei!"

Wei Wuxian sat down besides him.

"Meng Yao right? I've never really got the chance to talk to you since you know. People are busy sometimes."

Meng Yao awkwardly scratched his neck as he chuckled.

"Why would you want to talk to me?"

"Well why not? Is it wrong to make friends?"

"No it's just that..."

"About your status?"

Meng Yao looked at Wei Wuxian, who didn't seem too bothered.

"With a status or not, it's still no piece of cake. If I want to make friends then I make friends."

"Young Master Wei..."

"You know, your status is pretty well known. I don't mean that in a bad way."

Wei Wuxian laughed nervously.

"You know, I too was bullied back then."

"You were...?"

"Not many know of this so you should swear to keep this a secret."

Wei Wuxian placed a finger over his mouth.

"Okay."

Wei Wuxian giggled before swaying his feet like a little child.

"I was never in the Lan Clan, nor was ever related to them."

"Pardon?"

"Well I'm the son of Cangse Sanren, a rouge cultivator and Wei Changze, a disciple and servant from Yunmeng Jiang."

"I've heard words of their death-"

"Mhm."

Wei Wuxian leaned back on the bench, seating improperly.

"I was abandoned and for some time I lived in the streets... Being bitten by dogs and hurt by people..."

"I'm so sorry-"

"But... Everything just got... Worse I guess..."

Meng Yao placed his book away as he now listened to him more attentively.

"I was actually took in into the Jiang Sect..."

Wei Wuxian bit his lip.

"But I was abused there... Funny thing is that I still thank them for taking me in..."

Wei Wuxian laughed.

"Why am I telling you this? Well I don't even know myself. I guess I sympathize with you."

Wei Wuxian grinned at him.

"So it just means that whatever torment you're going through right now... It doesn't mean you're alone. Many are like you and many are to listen..."

"Why don't you take revenge on them? They abused you, with this you can shame their sect I-"

"No..."