Skipping Stones: Chapter Thirteen

Fun can come in many ways. Fun is pleasant, enjoyment, entertainment. But what is exactly fun for you?

After said events, Qingheng-Jun went in dearn isolation. Wei Ying was being treated fairly by co-students and they started accepting him as a Lan. For now, Lan Zhan was also in solitary confinement for a week, leaving Wei Ying with nothing to do but learn. It's also nearly mid-autumn festival. The young master was walking by the lake near Cloud Recesses with no thought in mind. Suddenly, a figure emerged from the bushes.

"A-Ying, what are you doing here?"

"Huan-gege! Ah! No, Xichen-ge."

"Haha, there's no need to call me in my courtesy name when we are here, A-Ying."

"But still! Hearing your courtesy name be called must feel really nice!"

"Mhm, it kind of does."

"Would you like to join me?"

"Alright."

They both started walking by the side of the river.

"Is there something bothering you, A-Ying?"

"There's just this thing bothering me."

"What is it?"

"It's just that when I get close to Lan Zhan his ears started going red and when I hug him, I can hear his heart beat. I wonder if I'm making him uncomfortable or angry..."

Wei Ying leaped and started skipping on the open stones.

"What makes you think that A-Zhan is uncomfortable?"

"Mmm, I don't really know."

"Well what do you feel when you're getting close to someone you like?"

"What's that? Like like as a friend?"

"Hahh, young kids are too hard to teach."

Lan Xichen chuckled as he followed Wei Ying who was skipping stones on the river.

"Well take your A-niáng and A-diē for example. Don't they love each other?"

"Mhm! They really love each other!"

"Do you know what they felt while being with each other?"

"Are they happy?"

"Hmm, take this for another example. With you pranking the elders, don't you feel happy?"

"Mm, I am!"

"So like, you having fun with doing mischief, it's like your A-niáng having fun being with your A-diē."

"Is Xichen-ge happy with A-Ying?"

"Well of course I'm happy when I'm happy while talking with A-Ying."

"Do you think Lan Zhan is as happy as you are when he plays with me?"

"A-Zhan is on another level of happy when he is with you. He loves being with A-Ying."

"Love? Not happy?"

"Let's sit down for a little while."

They both saw a stone to sit on, sitting there as they rest.

"Love and happiness are different things but kind of same with each other."

"What does it mean then?"

"Love is a thing that you feel happy when you are with someone or doing something. Happiness is what you find in something or someone fun. In love there is happiness, and happiness there is fun."