Metanoia because of a little boy: Chapter Nine

Everything is prone to change. The way you live, the way everything grows and the way anyone loves. Nothing is safe from change but one thing stands firm. The faith in someone will stay bound when you are a devoted one.

"I already placed my foot inside, why not put the other in and make it count?"

"Shameless."

"Ayiaaa, you're growing up to be more like A-diē."

Clearly the boy under him can't see his face thanks to the illuminating moonlight.

"Tell me who you are."

Wei Ying faked his sobbing and clutched his heart.

"I... I can't believe that one year made you forget about me..."

"Wei Ying...?"

"Lan Zhan, you're so cruel. It hurts my feelings."

When he looked down on the boy once again, he was brought in a warm hug.

"Wei Ying..."

The young master smiled and tears started to roll off of his face.

"Ah... I shouldn't be crying but I miss you too much for this... I didn't think I would see you again, Lan Zhan"

Wei Ying hugged him back and sobbed on his shoulder.

"Did you feel lonely...?"

"Of course I was... I even celebrated you birthday alone with Madam Lan. It was snowing too... I didn't have anyone to play with in the snow."

"Wei Ying..."

"Shhh, just follow me okay?"

"We can't leave after 9, you know it's a rule."

"How's life when you don't break some?"

Lan Zhan clearly didn't want Wei Ying to be punished for this. But he was too sorry to even deny his request. They both jumped out of the wall and outside of Cloud Recesses.

"Hahaha, Lan Zhan the great is now breaking the rules! I'm honored to have him in my presence!"

"Pathetic..."

Wei Ying couldn't help but laugh more as they run down to a meadow nearly down hill. Wei Ying pulled Lan Zhan as they sat in-between the tall fragrant perennial flowers.

"Isn't the moon beautiful?"

"Mn."

He wasn't looking at the sky at all. He looked at Wei Yings' eyes that countered the moons glow.

"Wei Ying..."

"Hm? You've been calling out my name a lot, it's making me blush!"

Lan Zhans' ears were filled with red as Wei Ying continues to giggle.

"You're already 8 but you look so much older now! I haven't seen you in a while and you've changed."

Wei Ying started making something with the flowers.

"I didn't change at all."

"Yes you did."

"You've changed more so, Wei Ying."

"Well, I'm growing older too of course!"

"But you'll never change because you're Wei Ying."

"Hahaha, I don't get it. But I guess you'll never change too cause you're my Lan Zhan."

[My...?]

Lan Zhans' heart started beating faster and faster.

"It's done!"