Little Steps: Chaper Eleven

When there's a path, there will always be obstacles. With every obstacle you must solve it. After you do, the path is clear again, but obstacles are bound to appear over time.

Wei Ying is now an official Lan disciple. He's learning with them and even training along side them. Though criticism and harsh words get thrown at him from time to time. Be it that he knows that he is not a family of blood and that even him is so close to the main family blood line. This made him loose his composure and mostly spend the days learning and learning, ticking him off until his anxiety started to rise. Tears flow when he lays down on the bed and insomnia rises. Right now, he's outside of the Gentian house, leaning closer to the rocky path as he gazes on the horizon. With a sigh, he pulls his legs closer to himself.

"I'm tired..."

"Tired of what?"

"Q- Qingheng-Jun...!"

"What are you tired of A-Ying? If you are then go to bed. It's past curfew."

"No... It's a different kind of tired... What about you, Qingheng-Jun? Aren't you supposed to be asleep too?"

"Patrol. Now tell me what's wrong."

Qingheng-Jun then sat besides Wei Ying.

"It's just that... I don't really feel like I fit in?"

"What makes you feel like that?"

Wei Ying lets out a sigh as his eyes contrasts with the empyrean. He takes the end of his forehead ribbon and strokes it. With water starting to drop slowly.

"I say it isn't fair but I know what they feel. I guess too much good in life will cause a lot of harm..."

"Yes it does. Too much good isn't the best."

"Heh... I don't relate to them... Cause I'd never treat me this bad..."

"Can you tell me everything? Don't hide it A-Ying."

"Many would say things behind my back... Because I'm too close to your family... Because A-diē says I'm gifted... Because you treat me as if I'm your own... Because I..."

More tears streamed down his cheeks. Mouth quivering, heart beating faster by the second.

"Then why don't you tell us...?"

"Some things are better left unsaid. I don't want to cause more trouble. I'm sorry..."

He said with a smile. Breaking Qingheng-Juns' heart.

[How can such a sweet person suffer like this... But I understand what he feels like...]

"Envy is one of the greatest sins. It is unavoidable. I understand that you don't want to tell on them, it's because you feel like you're relying on us, right...?"

"Mhm..."

A hand reached out to him and pulled him closer to a hug.

"You've lost your parents at such a young age... Ever since then you've only relied on yourself... Then you found us... But in this world, you could only rely on yourself, no matter what the situation is. A-Ying is really strong and he's really wise too. Though this is something you should tell someone else. This is something you should share with someone else because you are too young to suffer such great burden if hatred and criticism you do not deserve."

"But... They're right..."

"Love and respect your self. Have you forgotten such a rule? They've broken dozens of rules just by being envious of you. A-Ying, remember this. You deserve everything you have, and you aren't prideful about it infact your so humble that it makes us want to spoil you more, though I know that's a rule."