Metanoia because of a little boy: Chapter Ten

People might judge you in terms of the changes you do. That doesn't stop you from looking at the better it will make.

"Qingheng-Jun! What nonsense are you are you spouting!"

An elder protested at the Qingheng-Jun who had a calm nature.

"I thought speaking loudly is forbidden here in Cloud Recesses..."

"You-"

"I entrusted my brother to take care of the clan as I was in Isolation, but to hear the fact that the elders have been making the decisions is simply... Unpleasant to the ear."

Qingheng-Jun stared coldly at the elders making them offended.

"Xiongzhang..."

Qingheng-Jun turned his head in surprise, giving out a smile afterwards.

"A-Ren, you're doing well."

Qingheng-Jun went silent for awhile then giving out another warm smile.

"You too my dear wife, and my dear son... A-Huan."

"A-diē..."

"Why'd you come out now?"

"Well I heard about the elders treatment to an outer disciple. As far as I remember we only had 2000 rules before, how come it exceeded upon my isolation...?"

"Qingheng-Jun... It was the elders decision. When they were mad because of your marriage with Madam Lan...they quickly added the new rules."

"Hah... And they abused their authority while I was away."

"You were in isolation and your brother did not know how to lead. Of course we would take actions."

"Respect the young. How dare you speak while I haven't finished, Lan Li Mao qianbe."

"And you should respect the elderly, Qingheng-Jun."

"Why did you end your isolation... Xiongzhang...?"

"Ah of course, I could not let the corruption of the elders to continue in the Clan my ancestors created. Knowing that you broke countless rules is just unrighteous."

Many disciples were silent and the elders were furious but two of them scoffed.

"Li Mao has always been envious of Lan Yi being the Clan leader. He took the opportunity when you had dearn isolation."

"Yong an is right. We chose to be silent to respect the no gossiping rule. We waited for this opportunity as well."

Lan Ji Lu stood up and walked towards the disciples. Yong an standing up and standing besides Qingheng-Jun.

"Clearly most of the elders were planning a coup d'etat."

"Xiongzhang..."

"Silence. It's my duty as the Clan Leader to fix every affair in and outside the Clan. I know I had made mistakes and I atoned for it. If someone didn't tell me about all the things that were happening, I would've been as deaf as a sleeping bear in the winter."

"Who is that person you're talking about... Dear husband...?"

"Oh just your student. Wei Ying."

"That street rat!"

"Elder Li Mao. You better watch your tone. I shall decide your punishment later for now I need to do something."

Qingheng-Jun dramatically flicked his sleeve as he began walking. All of the disciples, elders who were protesting, Lan Qiren, Madam Lan and Lan Huan followed behind him. They followed Qingheng-Jun who was making his way to the Gentian House. Upon reaching there, they saw a little boy who was sitting at the porch of the house.