Magnolia Tree: Chapter Twenty-Four

Candles are meant to be lit for light. It also meant to give its life to let someone see the beauty of a dark world. Candles are made to serve a purpose and to die for it.

It is now October, the autumn leaves are ready to fall. The snow is also ready to show itself to the world. It's also the time where a particular boy will come of age.

Wei Wuxian walks as the crunching leaves made noise below him. Following behind was Lan Wangji that held on tightly to his hand.

"Lan Zhan, I'm turning Fifteen tomorrow!"

"Tonight."

"We're sneaking out again!"

"Mn. For Wei Ying."

Wei Wuxian could only chuckle as he pulled Lan Wangji closer and gave him a kiss on the forehead.

"The stoic Lan Wangji, breaking the rules for me."

Lan Wangji had wrapped his arms around Wei Wuxians' waist and kissed his forehead.

"Anything for my Wei Ying."

Wei Wuxian giggled as he leaned into the hug.

"It's getting dark, let's go."

Lan Wangji gave him a small smile before the two of them made the run. As the moon started rising, they made in time to get across the barrier.

Lan Qiren installed a barrier around Cloud Recesses because Wei Wuxian kept on sneaking out with Madam Lan. It opens up every Four in the morning.

They made a run for the meadow and made it in time to see the sparks fly.

"Is it just me or has it gotten more beautiful here?"

"It has."

Wei Wuxian grinned as he playfully danced in Lan Wangjis' arms. The jade was startled at first, but he quickly came along as he too danced with Wei Wuxian. Swaying in each others arms as the moon glazed upon them. The empyrean filled with stars, watching the lovers happily be with each other. Lan Wangji smiled as he watched Wei Wuxian dancing happily with him. In his eyes, Wei Wuxian was beautiful. He's kind and he always gave him butterflies. While dancing, Wei Wuxian suddenly started humming. Lan Wangji instantly knew what this song was.

"Some people long for a life that is simple and planned... Tied with a ribbon~"

Wei Wuxian started as he stared at Lan Wangji, dancing still as he was twirled around.

"Some people won't sail the sea 'cause they're safer on land... To follow what's written~"

Lan Wangji held on tighter as the continue to bend the grass with every step they make.

"But I'd follow you to the great unknown... Off to a world we call our own~"

"Wei Ying..."

Wei Wuxian curved his lips in a smile.

"Hand in my hand~ And we promised to never let go~"

"We're walking a tightrope...~"

Lan Wangji pulled Wei Wuxian closer as he took a breath in.

"High in the sky... We can see the whole world down below...~"

"We're walking a tightrope...~"

Wei Wuxian closed his eyes as he danced away from Lan Wangji and to the open space in the meadow where fire flies flew.

"Never sure, never know how far we could fall!~ But it's all an adventure that comes with a breathtaking view...~"