Tacenda: Chapter Fourty-Three

Some events happen in our life. Wanted and unwanted occur. It is all a test, for we all know that life sure is unfair. To you and to others too.

No this wasn't supposed to happen. This shouldn't have happened. No no no... NO!

"Do you see this place burning?"

Wen Xu pulled Wei Wuxians' hair to lean towards his ear.

"This place is burning, because of you."

"NO!"

Wei Wuxians' tears spilled as Wen Xu pulled his loose hair tighter.

"No... No... No... No... Please... No... No please... PLEASE! PLEASE!!"

Wei Wuxian choked up on air as he screamed.

"AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH! AAAAHHHH AHHHHH AHHH!! NO PLEASE!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!"

Wei Wuxian was just having tea with Lan Zuàn, Lan Xichen and Lan Haozhi. Lan Wangji was away because Lan Haozhi decided to separate the two for a few days since they were too... Eh.

"And then Madam Lan dropkicked his body! Bam!"

Lan Haozhi and Lan Xichen chuckled.

"You idolize my wife too much A-Ying. I'm afraid you'll end up doing the things she does."

"Of course he will! He's my student afterall."

Lan Zuàn ruffled Wei Wuxians' hair. It's been Two weeks since the archery competition, of course as per agreement, Alcohol was no longer banned.

"XianXian, here, have a mantou."

"Wah! Thank you Xichen-ge!"

Wei Wuxian took the mantou and immediately dug his teeth into the delicious flavor that bursted into his mouth.

"Right, Xichen."

"Yes, A-diē?"

"About your marriage with Mingjue. What do you plan?"

Lan Xichen choked on his tea as he spat it. Coughs leaving his throat.

"Dumbass! You shouldn't talk about marriage when you drink!"

Lan Zuàn hit Lan Haozhi in the head.

"I was just asking, my lady. It's just because I had a conversation with Mingjue and it looked like they were ready."

"Ready or not, he is still not in the right age."

"I think Ming-ge will take care of Xichen-ge!"

"See?"

Lan Zuàn sighed. They continued to have a chat, not until the environment seemed to be hotter and screams enveloped the area.

"...ATTACK!"

Lan Haozhi stood up when he saw Lan Yi and Lan Wu run to them.

"WE'RE UNDER ATTACK!"

All four of them panicked as they quickly stood up and took their swords.

"Who could attack at this time?!"

Lan Yi gasped for air.

"The Wens! The Wen Clan!"

Lan Haozhi gripped his sword tightly.

"Xichen! A-Ying, go get the elders and young ones to the cold pond cave! No exceptions!"

"But I want to help and fight!"

"A-Ying listen to him!"

"Madam Lan!-"