Warmth Amidst The Rain: Chapter Fifty-Two

The warmth of home isn't the same if you're alone. But home isn't just a shelter. A home can be a person. And a home is better where it is warm even if the cold of the rain dominates the outside.

Lan Wangji watched as their black robes fluttered in the air, blending in to be a crow. The sound of the flute made his ears hurt for it sounded like torture, pain and suffering. He watched as corpses lifted from the dead, walking towards them and surrounding them.

"Wangji..."

Lan Xichen said with a raspy throat as he tried to sit up.

"Xiongzhang."

Lan Wangji assisted him.

"Who is that...?"

"I... Don't know..."

The corpses snarled at the Wens as crows gave a cry of warning.

"D-demonic... Demonic arts!"

Wen Chao muttered as he clung unto Wen Zhuilu. The song continued as the corpses rushed towards the Wens. Snarling and biting into them.

"WAHHHHHHH!!!!"

"AHHHHHHHHH!!!"

"SAVE ME! SAVE ME!!"

"HA-AHHHHHH!!!"

The cries satisfied the player's ears as the corpses continued to enjoy their meal. Still breathing Jiang and Lan soldiers looked around, confused on why they weren't being attacked.

"QUICK! STOP THEM YOU DOG!"

Wen Chao ordered Wen Zhuilu as the soldier followed his orders. Lan Xichen stood up, holding his throat.

"These feral zombies..."

Jiang Wanyin continued his lines.

"They only kill the damned Wens!"

They looked up at the figure on the roof.

"Controlling all of these corpses with one flute... They're only heeding to their command."

Jiang Wanyin glared.

"Where did this person come from?!"

Lan Wangji, glared at the direction too.

"This person practices demonic cultivation... Their techniques are sinister."

He held the forehead ribbon on his wrist.

"But... They seems to be a friend instead of a foe..."

Jiang Wanyin scoffed.

"No matter what means they employ, as long as they kill these damned Wens! They are our ally!"

Wen Chao cries as he steps away from the corpses that are walking towards him. He was scared shitless, running away as tears slip from his eyes.

"SOMEONE! HELP ME! HELP ME!!"

He trips on a corpse, face first to the muddy ground. Turning around, more tears left his eyes.

"W-WANG LINGJAO?!"

Wang LingJao snarled as she held on tight to Wen Chaos' leg. Wang LingJao bit his shoulder as Wen Chao desperately pushed her away.

"AHHHHHH!!"

Wang LingJao got to her feet, she walked towards him.

"GET LOST!"

He shut his eyes tight.

"WEN ZHUILU! SAVE ME!"

Wen Zhuilu, who was busy fighting off corpses, ran towards his master. Killing Wang LingJao before she could sink her nails at him. Wang LingJao, who fell on the ground, rotated her neck to a 90° angle as she stood up.