Adding Numbers: Chapter Seventeen

Growing up is either making people sad or happy. As a child you wish to grow up but as you grow old you'd wish to go back. Do you though?

A laughing kid ran around the Cloud Recesses with an elder running behind him. Catching up to him to give his trousers back. Wei Ying laughs as he lifts the trousers up in the air. The old man calls out to the young master as he desperately covers his groin for life's sake. The disciples who watched the scene were flustered, terrified and traumatized on what they saw. Instead of getting mad at the disrespectful child, they just laughed it off. It's yet another day of Young Master Wei's mischievous episodes. Hiding behind Qingheng-Jun as he laughed.

"Qingheng-Jun! This child is going to be the end of me!"

"A-Ying."

Qingheng-Jun knelt down to him and gave a smile.

"Give the trousers back to Elder Lan Ran."

Wei Ying just giggled and walked over to the elder, nicely giving the trousers back. Elder Lan Ran quickly placed his trousers back on and sighed, before giving a soft smile to the young master before him.

"You little mischievous child. First my robes now my trousers?"

"Hehe! Please forgive me Elder Lan Ran!"

"Fine fine, there's nothing I could do about you anyway."

Elder Lan Ran then started walking away with Qingheng-Jun and Wei Ying bowing before him.

"A-Ying must copy the rules. fifty times in a hand stand for disrespecting thy elders."

"I will!"

"Hahh, what should I do with you?"

"Ah ah! You can't hang me upside down again! Madam Lan will pick you by the ear!"

"Hahh, dear wife."

Wei Ying will be turning Ten in Three days. This child has grown into one fine young boy. Another young master in white walked over to them and saw Wei Ying, his expression turning lighter.

"Wei Ying."

Wei Ying turned around and smiled dearly.

"Lan Wangji!"

We Wuxian ran and hugged his bestfriend tightly. Lan Wangji hugging back with no expression at all but his ears tinted red. The young master who was known not to touch anyone, other than his bethrothed.

"I told you, you don't need to call me by my courtesy name, Wei Ying."

"But it sounds cool! Either way, you're still my Lan Zhan."

Qingheng-Jun made his way to the two and ruffled their hair.

"Now you two go on, Lan Qiren must be waiting for you both."

"Yes Qingheng-Jun!"

"I'll see you later, A-diē."

Lan Wangji and Wei Ying walked hand in hand to the Library Pavilion, where Lan Qiren was supposed to be. Upon reaching there, a man with no goatee sat depressed.

Flashback to 4 days ago

"Madam Lan! Madam Lan!"

Wei Ying ran to the porch of the Gentian house, to where Madam Lan sat and had tea. Madam Lan had spat her tea on the ground as she let out a laugh.

"I shaved A-diē's beared! See!"

"Good boy A-Ying!"

Wei Ying ran behind Madam Lan as she saw the angry Lan Qiren who followed behind him.