twenty

[DAVINA'S POV]

I could feel too much, I could hear too much. Everything surrounding me seemed to be exploding inside my aching skull.

Walls of fire surrounded me. I heard a loud groan escape my mouth unwillingly as my vision started to come back to me.

As my vision cleared I stood up on aching legs. I turned in a circle, observing the fire surrounding me.

What the fuck..

I looked down at my hands to see the tips of my fingers bright red, almost... Glowing. As my vision came completely back to me, I saw the small tendrils of fire escaping my finger tips. My gaze followed them to witness the fire wall surrounding me.

I gasped in amazement at the complete realisation of the wall.... Of the dome.

The fire was a dome.

And it was surrounding me.

I heard load metal flying and the dome went down. A large red and gold suit flew through the fire towards me.

I didn't have time to think as my feet left the ground and I felt myself flying through the air in the arms of the red and gold suit.

[THIRD PERSON POV]

Davina hung tightly from Tony Starks grasp as he flew her to the half-demolished Avengers Compound. The people outside grew bigger in her gaze as they pair closed in on the group of people.

A split second after Davina landed her body was crushed against another. She felt the cold metal on one arm holding her and knew she was in the arms of Bucky.

Before she could relax into his arms he pulled away, keeping one hand on each shoulder as his eyes grazed over her body, searching for any injuries she may have.

The ringing in her ears died down and the sound of Bucky's voice became clearer.

"Davina!"

"Davina!"

"DAVINA!"

His yelling snapped her out of the trance she seemed to be stuck in. Bucky's gaze softened and he rest on hand on either side of her face, cupping his cheeks.

"Are you okay doll? Please talk to me-"

"I'm okay." She whispered, cutting Bucky off from his endless spiral of words. She glanced behind him to see Steve, Tony, Wanda, Vision, Natasha, Clint and Sam clustered together, all in their combat gear.

Among them stood two more people who she guessed by ones outfit was Rhodes, and the other man she supposed might be Bruce Banner.

Her gaze was brought back to the distraught Bucky whom stood before her. 

"I'm okay Bucky... I'm okay." She reassured him, rubbing her hand against his cheek before allowing it to fall back down to her side.

"I saw a ship Buck..." She stammered as Bucky nodded, his face showing a mix of emotions.

"Yes, yes that was Hydra, Hydra is a-" 

"I know who Hydra is Bucky.." Davina cut him off. She hadn't told him about her previous work with them, but she figured now was as good a time as ever.

He frowned at her. "Did Steve tell you?" He questioned.

"No Bucky." She whispered.

"Then how did you know?" He pressed.

"I- I used to.." She stumbled over her words.

He looked at her with a blank expression. His eyes lingered over her face with concern, awaiting her next words.