eleven

"C'mon kid, spill and you can leave, we can both forget this ever happened, Bucky won't even know it came from you."

Steve sat before her, leaning slightly on the back two chair legs for the 13th day in a row. His shallow expression looked almost as withered and exhausted as Davina's. Her head had started throbbing from the boredom by day 6.

It was the same exact thing every single day, the questions he asked, the unsure answers she replied. The only aspect of their routine that ever changed was the shirt Steve wore, today it was navy blue, boring.

Steve rested his head in both hands as his forehead started to show creased lines of uttermost frustration. 

Davina stayed silent as she sat on the floor facing the window. It had taken time for her to be able to look into the woodlands, after a week she had convinced herself that Bucky was far away and safe, so she wouldn't have to worry. Now the trees seemed to be the only thing she did look at. Davina wasn't sure why, but they since she had convinced herself that Bucky was fine, the trees provided her with a sense of comfort.

"I don't know where he is." Davina replied glumly, it was partly the truth. She had a vague idea of where he was 13 days ago, but she was certain the Winter Soldier would not stay hiding in the same place for that long, surely he wouldn't be that stupid... Right?

Steve brought his head away from his hands and gazed dully at her. "We have our best trained scouts everywhere, we're going to find him eventually, it's up to you whether or not you want to be behind bars when we do.

Davina's focused eyes scouted the tree line, it had become a habit when she was on the run, now it was a habit she was stuck with. She hadn't seen anything interesting outside, the only amusing action Davina had seen in 13 days was watching a red-headed girl and Steve spare outside everyday.

Davina didn't despise Steve, she knew he was just trying to do what he thought was right for his friend. However it was nice to see the muscular man get his ass whooped by the red head every morning.

She had asked Steve a few times who the girl was, he never answered, only ignored her completely and continued to press on his useless questions.

She guessed that he was trying to get her bored enough to spill and get out of here. But uneasiness lingered at the back of her mind, after all, what was stopped these people from keeping her here even after they found Bucky Barnes.

Davina tore her gaze away from the tall trees to look at Steve, who's narrowed eyes were already on hers.

"Look, I know you have no reason to believe me, but I swear to you, I don't know where he is. Even if I did, theres no way he would still be there. If you know Bucky, then you know he's not dumb enough to stay in the same spot for 13 days."

The captain held her stare for a few seconds before looking at the floor. Deep down, he knew this was true, he also knew that the girl probably didn't know where he was... He also knew her name probably wasn't Alexa Mikaelson.

Steve's eyes found there was to Davina face once again, only her eyes weren't on him, they were facing the usual direction, the woodlands.

He honestly didn't know what she expected to see out there everyday, yet every time she stared into the trees, she looked so, determined, concentrated. Almost like she was preparing herself for being faced with things that would never come out of the woods.

Perhaps she thought she would see Bucky, perhaps the girl thought she would catch a glimpse at an arm made of metal.

Steve followed her stare into the woods. Davina saw the man squinting his eyes in absolute concentration, trying desperately to see whatever it was he thought she was looking at.

A sudden rush of uncertainty whipped its way through the girls body. Her eyebrows furrowed together and she looked away from the woods and back to Steve.

Steve looked at her in confusion as to why the girl was suddenly so unsettled. A dark pit seemed to form at the bottom of his stomach. 

Something wasn't right.

Steve opened his mouth to speak, but before any words could tumble out of his mouth, the metal door burst open. It slammed against the wall behind with such a strong force the room seemed to shudder.

The red-headed girl stood in the doorway, she looked exhausted, like she hadn't slept for days. Her chest was going up and down quickly, suggesting she had sprinted here.

"Steve, you need to get downstairs, now." Her eyes screamed uncertainty.

"What's happened Nat?" Steve rose from his chair, his expression seemed to be expecting the worst.

Davina saw the girl glance quickly over to where she was seated awkwardly on the floor before facing her eyes back towards the super soldier.

"Spit it out Nat." Rogers spoke in a louder, taking a step towards the girl he had addressed as Nat.

"We got him."

Word Count : 870

Sorry it's short, I wanted to end with that line and I wasn't sure what else I should add.