twelve

Davina's world came to a sudden halt. Her mind seemed to stop working and she couldn't feel her hands. 

They can't have gotten him, how did they get him, why is he here. 

Jumbled thoughts shot harsh daggers through her skull. All the girl wanted was to scream as loud as she could into a pillow.

She didn't even notice Steve and Natasha leave the room until the door slammed shut.

The bang of the door woke Davina up from her lost train of thoughts. Salted droplets of sweat coated the back of her neck as well as the skin under her knees.

She pulled her legs out from their criss cross position and rested her clammy palms against the wall behind her to hold her weight as she rose from the ground.

"1...2...3...4..." She counted her breathing in a shallow whisper, determined to take back control over her uneasy body.

Davina reluctantly allowed her eyelids to close together as she rested her head against the cool cement wall, one hand covering each ear.

"5...6...7..." Her heartbeat started to slow down as she removed her hands slowly from the firm grip she had on the sides of her skull.

Davina's eyes fluttered open as she whispered the last three numbers. "8...9...10..." She was almost in complete control by the time the last number escaped her chapped lips.

The rattled girl took one last deep breath in before she softly pushed her head away from the coolness of the wall.

Her body turned sharply around to face the door she wanted so desperately to walk out of.

Davina's feet seemed to move without her command towards the door. She reached her hand out towards the doorknob, maybe they forgot to lock it.

She yanked on the door roughly, no such luck, they wouldn't be that stupid.

Davina kept her breathing under control as she buzzed on the button Steve had told her to ring. She pressed her fingers against it several times before giving up and banging her fists against the door.

"Please! Please Steve! Let me out!" Her voice crackled wildly like a mad-woman as she shrieked out demands.

She whipped her head around to face the window, without thinking straight, the girl picked up the metal chair and threw it against the glass with all her might.

Nothing. Not even the smallest scratch presented itself upon the window.

Her teeth ground against each other in frustration, she needed to get out, surely there had to be someway out.

Davina stood in silence for what felt like hours. Her brain fought against her as she racked it with impossible escape routes.

Her entire body twisted to the sound of footsteps on the other side of the door.

She flung her wrecked body towards the metal and banged her fists against them, ignoring the liquid red specks beginning to appear around her knuckles.

"Please! Anyone! Steve Please!" She wailed desperately.

"Steve isn't here." 

Davina body stopped itself at the sound of a woman's voice. It was different from the woman Steve had called Nat, this was a different person. It was laced with a strong European accent.

"Hello?" Davina's voice shook slightly.

"Hi." The soft voice spoke back through the door. Her tone sounded kind, almost pitiful.