Chapter 31

~Kade~

"Fuck, Kade. How much longer do you think we have to wait? I want to sink into her so bad" Asher growls in my head. 

"As long as it takes, Asher. I do too, believe me. Everything is getting stronger with her. Let's just get this dinner over with. Please try and behave while we're here. I'm having a hard enough time with her soul screaming at me to mate with her. I really don't need you making it worse. We need her to come to us. Otherwise we will lose her" I say back as we make our way to the dinner, her hand in mine. He huffs and lays down, not taking his eyes off of her. 

Alpha's and Luna's will be there, this whole dinner was put together for my mate, as she missed the lunch and so she could meet everyone properly. She can be observed in this setting by all the Alphas that are a part of the bidding. Not that they can have her, she's mine. 

"So…. Can you tell me about this dinner? I get it's for me to meet the other girls. The twins told me to be respectful and blah blah blah. Is there anything you want to add?" She asks. I can feel the nervous excitement coming off of her. 

"No. Just be yourself, you're perfect the way you are. This is all a formality and you're my mate so it's irrelevant for you. You could tell the King to fuck off if you wanted." I told her. I don't want her to think I want her any other way than she is. I love her feistiness and the way she's not afraid to tell anyone what she truly thinks. She gives respect where it's deserved. I've seen her do this with my mother and father. We're just outside the doors leading into the lavish Hall for dinner and she nudges my shoulder with hers and says with a growl at the end.

"Aww. Aren't you sweet. But the only ones I want to tell to fuck off at the moment, are Jaxon and Cherri… speaking of her, If you let her touch you tonight, I'll add you to that list and bite your dick off. You feel me?" She keeps walking but I smirk and pull her back into my arms. 

"Careful, love. You almost sound like your jealous" I tease as I lean in close. Her breath hitches. She tries to be unaffected by my close proximity but I see her lick her lips as her eyes dart down to mine and she says 

"Jealous? Me? Not at all. I just don't like that she's parading around with your mark on her neck and every opportunity she gets, she touches you to cause me harm….. and your mine!" She sounded a little different then. She did it earlier too, but I was too caught up in her to really think anything of it. Ignoring it for now as we're running late. I kiss her, leaving her breathless and then steer her in through the doors. When we're at the top of the staircase, which leads down on both sides, she gasps as she looks over and takes in the room and all the people bustling about, with children like wonder. 

I suppose it is a bit extravagant and lavish, with its white, gold and black designs and decor. Very wide and open. Tables for the dinner are spread out around the edges of the room with a dance floor through the middle. Small balcony overlooks the entire hall. It's where Alphas and council, as they do most of the judging, go to observe all the females. My mother and father's table is at the other end of the room, on a 2 steps up, raised platform. And that's where I lead her to. She continues to take it all in and when a waiter walks past with drinks an a tray she grabs 2 and drinks one after the other. I raise my eyebrow at her and she says

"Oh, sorry. Did you want one?"

"And if I did?"

"Well it's too fucking late now and you should have grabbed your own. I'm not a mind reader" 

"I beg to differ. You can read my mind just fine" She smirks and links back 

"That's not mind reading. That's talki- oh look your mum and dad. Let's say hi" She places the empties on another waiter's tray and retrieves two more drinks. Handing me one this time she then takes my hand and pulls me forward, making me laugh as I spill the drink slightly in her haste. My mother and father stand with a smile when they see her pulling me towards them and make there way to meet us. We're up the steps and before I can greet them both, Kyah looks at me with mischievous written all over her face and links