Chapter 24

~Kade~

I leave Kyah in the room and as I walk past my mother she says.

"I'm happy for you. Please try not to mess it up. And I still wish to speak with you about your behaviour." She says happily but firmly. I kiss her cheek.

"Yes mother." I link to her as Jake and Josh are out here too, then I turn to head back to my father when she says.

"Kade. I'm sorry I can't be there for your punishment. I can't watch you being hurt"

"Whipping then? I can take it, mother. It's a punishment we deserve for what we tried to do to her. And it's not like it's my first." I say as I walk away from her and the twins.

"No it's not. But hopefully it will be your last. I'm glad to see you realise you shouldn't have done what you did. I was expecting you to be unrepentant"

"I am and I'm not. She didn't reject me, so I don't regret any time I've spent with her or what I had to do to get that time. But I do regret trying to force her. I'll see you shortly." I replied. I get to the bottom of the stairs and look back up at her, to see her sitting down. I wonder how she would feel about what I'm about to endure. I'll find out when I see her later as I'll still carry the wounds. It doesn't take me long to get back to my father's office and I knock then walk straight in.

"Ah, there you are. And what did you have to do, may I ask?" He looks annoyed.

"Craziest thing. Kyah pulled on the bond and me and mother told her about me keeping the rejection from her and she shocked the shit out of me by telling me she wouldn't reject me and then she let me truly mark her. I'm in love with her already, I'm sure she feels the same. I think she's fighting it because that's her way, but she doesn't realise she's already there, she's acting the way she would if we were mated and just arguing, she just can't admit it to herself yet. Her protective instincts have already kicked in, I think that's why she didn't reject me, because her soul knows I'm hers. I think everything will turn out the way it's supposed to." I say with a smile as I sit in the chair opposite him.

"I'm happy for you and glad that it worked out. We do need to get to the punishment hall though. We're already running late. There I will tell Jaxon his punishment but yours is-"

"Yes I know, mother told me. Will he be using the 6 tails?" He sighs

"Yes. If I could think of a suitable punishment I wouldn't be doing this. Jaxon is getting off lightly because he only disobeyed an order. You-"

"I know. I'm ready. Let's get this over with. I want to get back to her" I say standing. He nods and we make our way out of his office and down the hall the punishment room is just down the corridor, second double doors down on the right. We go through the doors and all the Alphas are there seated, other than Jaxon who stands at the front. I wonder what punishment my father has in store for him.

Think of this room like a courtroom. An Isle down the middle, seating either side for all the Alphas, a stairway to the left leading up to my fathers balcony where he will watch the proceedings. The chains are already laid out ready to restrain me, Asher is already protesting, our wolves will go wild after the first strike and try to get free and attack the administer of punishment, hence the restraints. And he stands with the whip in hand, front and center. Once im standing next to Jaxon who I still want to kill, my father starts speaking.

"We are all here to give Alpha Jaxon of the blue moon pack and Alpha Kade of the Royal pack, punishment for disobedience and attempted forceful mating. Jaxon, your punishment for marking Kyah when you were not supposed to mark anyone, regardless of If she asked, is that you can not challenge Kade for his mate until the end of the trials, even if she accepts him and mates with him during this time. If you win at the end of the trials and she accepts you, her bond with Kade will break making it possible for you to mate her." Me and Asher growl at the comment of her accepting him. Over my dead body. Actually not even then. She's mine and he won't win against me anyway. I see him grit his teeth when he hears this and I'm happy that's his punishment as he was hoping to challenge me as soon as he was able and now he can't.