Chapter 17: The First Concert

As the concert went on, I stayed backstage, pondering what was happening.

How could they let mom out of jail, after she was an abusive asshole, and murdered her own boyfriend? And so soon? She had only served a little over two years!

And how could they let her sue a celebrity after just getting out of jail? Especially for custody of a child.

I didn't understand. I was so confused, and I could only hope that Chris would win against her.

What if he didn't? I couldn't go back! She would hurt me so bad again.

And I didn't want to leave Chris. I needed him.

I was holding it together fine, until Chris began to sing Us Against The World.

I cried. I began sobbing, and couldn't stop. Usually when I cried, it was completely silent. This was different. It was loud, gasping sobs. The sobs were so hard that they hurt.

I wanted to scream.

But I didn't.

"And tonight I know it all has to begin again, so whatever you do, don't let go. And if we could float away, fly up to the surface and just start again, and left off before trouble just erodes us in the rain, just erodes is in the rain, just erodes us, and see roses in the rain. Saying, slow it down. Slow it down. Through chaos as it swirls, it's us against the world. Through chaos as it swirls, it's us against the world."

And I couldn't help but notice that there was something in Chris's voice that said he was crying.

I hadn't noticed, because I was still crying really hard, but that was the end of the concert.

People cheered, but I didn't hear.

I only felt a pair of arms wrap around me, pulling me close.

I knew it was Chris.

And I knew he was crying, too.

I couldn't stop my loud sobs. I just gripped onto Chris's shirt, burying my head in his chest as I gasped loudly.

He rocked back and forth ever so slightly, lifting up his hand and holding my head gently.

With my head on his chest, I felt and heard his gentle sobs. I knew he was trying to keep it together, though, maybe due to the fact that the boys were in the room. Or maybe it was for me.

When I was finally able to breathe, I sobbed out a few words. "I-I d-don't want to leave y-you.."

"I know, sweetie...I know.." he cooed, running his hand through my hair.

I hadn't noticed, but Rihanna had come in. She looked at me and Chris, then looked over at the boys, a concerned look on her face.

Guy went over and whispered something to her, and her face fell. They talked quietly, as I just continued crying.

I didn't care who was in the room. I didn't want to lose Chris. I didn't want to leave my dad. He was the only person that had ever loved me.

I needed him.

"Daddy, please don't let her win.." I whimpered, burying my head in his chest more.

"I promise, I won't." He said, kissing me on the head. "Wanna go back to the bus, sweetheart?"

I nodded slightly, and he picked me up, holding me bridal-style.

I apparently fell asleep, because all I remember is getting in a vehicle, and driving away from the venue.