Chapter 25: Hope

Aaliyah's POV

After I finished my breakfast water, my phone began to vibrate in my pocket.

Before, I had turned the volume down, so if Chris did call again, mum wouldn't hear it.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket, seeing that it was, in fact, a call from Chris.

I looked around, then got off of my chair, running into my room and shutting the door.

It was only possible to lock it from the outside, so I grabbed the chair that was sitting in the corner of the room, propping it beneath the doorknob.

I answered the call, bringing the phone to my ear.

"Dad?" I Asked quietly.

"Aaliyah, sweetheart, are you hurt?" He asked his voice full of worry.

"No.." I Said, looking up at the door. "I miss you.."

"Aaliyah, I need to ask you a question." He said, the slightest hint of hope in his voice.

"Okay.."

"Was the judge you talked to a man, or a woman?" He Asked.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "A woman."

I suddenly heard the entire band cheer.

"Aaliyah, the judge that granted your mum custody was a man." He said. "That means.."

"You can get me back?" I Asked, my eyes widening.

"We're gonna try." He said.

I could almost hear him smiling through the phone.

Was I going to be saved from this place? And be reunited with Chris again?

"We're going to go to the court house." He said. "Just wait a while, okay? Everything will work out."

It seemed like he was not only trying to reassure me, but himself as well.

"Okay.." I Said. "I love you, dad."

"I love you too, Aaliyah." He said. "I can't wait to see you again. Everything will be okay."

I smiled, nodding, even though he couldn't see me.

"I'm gonna hang up now." He said. "I love you."

"I love you." I Said again, laughing a little

He hung up, and I slipped my phone back in my pocket.

Chris's POV

We drove to the court house as quickly as possible, then rushed inside, where a woman stood.

"Ma'am!" I Said, running up to her, before trying to catch my breath. "Are you...the judge?"

"Yes, I am." She Said, looking at me. "You're Chris Martin, aren't you?"

I nodded vigorously.

"It's great that you're here!" She Said. "You were supposed to get full custody of Aaliyah, but another judge got my case. He accidentally switched it, granting it to Evelyn White even though I told him that you should get custody."

I smiled, then hugged her. "Thank you!" I exclaimed.

She laughed a little, hugging me back. "Now I see why Aaliyah loves you."

I laughed, pulling away from her. "Can I go pick her up?"

"Yes, But first I need to call Evelyn and tell her." She Said, then went serious. "Listen, Chris. She might be dangerous. I would start driving now if you want to keep Aaliyah safe."

I nodded.

"I'll contact the police in her area and let them know to keep an eye on things." She Said. "Now, go get your daughter."

I smiled. "Thank you." I Said.

She smiled back. "You're very welcome, Mr. Martin."

I looked at the rest of the band. "Come on, guys. Let's go save Aaliyah."