Chapter 35: Back Home

Once we got home, Aaliyah went straight to her bedroom. I wanted so badly to follow her, and hug her tightly. I wanted her to know everything was okay now, that she was safe.

I went into the living room and sat on the couch, not really sure what to do now. Aaliyah wasn't with me, and being alone was no fun.

Maybe I could ask her if she wanted to do something.

Sure, maybe I wasn't 100% yet, but I had been trapped in the hospital for more than a week. I was itching to get out and do things again.

Not only that, but, since our tour was being postponed for now, there was nothing to keep me busy, really.

I got off of the couch, wincing a little as the stomach wound gave me a little pain.

It wasn't terrible, but not exactly a great feeling either.

I made my way upstairs, stepping up to Aaliyah's bedroom door. I was about to knock, when I heard the sound of soft sobbing.

My heart sunk. She sounded so sad.

What should I do? Go in there and comfort her, or let her have her privacy? I didn't want her to think I was spying on her or something, but I didn't want her to be alone either.

Without thinking any more, I opened the door, stepping in.

"Aaliyah.." I said softly.

She was curled in a ball on the bed, her slightly wet hair covering her face.

I sat beside her, reaching over and rubbing her back comfortingly.

"Sweetie, come here.." I Said, trying to help her sit.

I pulled her into my arms, holding her close to my chest as she gripped onto me, sobbing louder.

I ran my hand through her hair, rocking back and forth slightly.

I hated seeing her like this. It broke my heart.

"Baby, what's wrong?" I Asked gently.

"I-I killed m-my own mum.." she sobbed. "Y-you almost died...what's wrong with me?"

"Hey, hey...There nothing wrong with you.." I Said, lifting up her head a little to look into her eyes that matched mine.

"Everything was perfect for you until I came into your life." She Said, tears still streaming down her face. "I just mess everything up...and I'll keep doing it. Like mum said, there are no happy endings...I'll cause a sad ending for you, won't I?"

"That's not true at all." I Said. "Don't listen to what she said...happy endings do exist."

"Not with me." She mumbled. "This domino effect was all caused by me.."

"Stop blaming yourself, please.." I said. "Things got better when you came into my life, Aaliyah. Last year, I went through a divorce, and had no one...then you came. You're my life, Aaliyah...I love you."

She sighed, burying her face in my chest. "I love you too, dad.."

I smiled a little, patting her on the head. "It's getting dark. Maybe we should go to bed early?"

She nodded a little, then laid down. I stood, tucking her in with her blankets.

I leaned in, Kissing her on the cheek. "I love you."

"I love you." She Replied quietly.

I smiled, then turned, beginning to leave the room.

"Dad?" I heard.

I looked over, and she was sitting up.

"Yeah?" I Asked.

"Can you...stay with me?" She mumbled.

I smiled, then nodded. "Sure."

I walked over, laying next to her, propping my head up a bit.

"Would you like Some music?" I Asked.

She smiled. "Yes, please."

I reached over, grabbing the guitar that I had left in her room, since I usually sang for her every night.

"What Song would you like?"

You laughed a bit. "I think you know."

I smiled, chuckling a little.

I began to play the chords to the song, and Aaliyah buried her head in her pillow.

"Oh morning come bursting the clouds, amen. Lift off this blindfold, let me see again. Bring back the water, let your ships roll in. In my heart she left a hole.."