Chapter 49: Surprise

We all ended up getting off of the ground, and made our way back to the car, where we all got in. I put my socks and shoes back on as Ryan began to drive.

He pulled out his phone, dialing Chris' number, before bringing it to his ear.

"Hey, Chris," He said. "We're on our way there."

"I had a lot of fun." Jessica Said, looking over at me.

"Me, too." I Said, smiling at her. "Thank you for everything."

"Tell Ryan That," She Said. "It was all him."

I smiled, nodding. "You, of course, contributed quite a bit."

"That's true." She smiled, batting her eyelashes.

We both began to laugh.

"Okay. See you in a bit." Ryan said to Chris, before pulling the phone away from his ear and ending the call. He slipped his phone back in his pocket, before looking back at me. "I hope you had fun, I'm sorry it wasn't much."

I smiled at him. "It was great." I Said. "Thank you, Ryan. And Jessica. I had so much fun."

Ryan smiled. "I'm glad." He said. "Next time we'll have to bring your dad along."

"And all of Coldplay!" Jessica Exclaimed.

"And all of Coldplay." Ryan added.

When we got to my house, we all got out of the car. I went over to grab my suitcase, but Ryan stopped me.

"It's okay, I'll grab it." He said, smiling at me.

I smiled back. "Thank you."

He opened up the trunk, pulling out my suitcase. We all went over to the front door, Ryan rolling my suitcase behind him.

I turned the doorknob, but it didn't move.

"Hmm.." I hummed to myself.

"What's wrong?" Jessica Asked.

"The door's locked." I mumbled, before ringing the doorbell.

We waited there for a moment, before Ryan stepped away from the door.

"Maybe your dad's in the backyard?" He Asked.

I shrugged. "It wouldn't Hurt to look."

The three of us made our way to the backyard, which was completely empty. Although, there were signs that said 'happy birthday, Aaliyah' and balloons all around.

"Where is everybody?" Jessica Asked, before looking at Ryan, who was smirking a little.

Suddenly, a bunch of people popped out, from behind bushes and trees.

"Happy birthday, Aaliyah!" They all cheered, and I smiled, looking around.

Everyone was there. Chris, All Of Coldplay, OneRepublic, Rihanna, and even Aunt Millie and my cousins, Alexander and Alexandria, along with a ton of other people Chris was friends with.

"Oh my gosh!" I exclaimed. "Thank you!"

Chris came over, giving me a quick hug. "Happy birthday, sweetheart." He said. "Did you have fun at Mr. Tedder's?"

I nodded excitedly. "I was really surprised when I found out that he was, well...Ryan." I laughed. "Why didn't you ever tell me?"

"We only just found out," Chris Explained. "Ryan knew that Jessica had a new friend, but he didn't know that it was you. I know you love OneRepublic, so when we figured it out, we thought it would be a bit of a surprise."