Chapter 2: He's My Dad?

"Aaliyah, did you finish the chores?" My aunt asked as she returned to the house, walking inside.

"Yes, aunt Millie." I Said, walking over To her. I took the groceries from her and set them on the counter. "You got a call while you were away."

"Oh," She Said, going over and picking up the phone. "I'll call it back."

She dialed the number as I began to put the groceries away.

"Hello?" She Said. "Yes, this is Millie White."

After I put away the last of the food, I went sat down at the table.

"Well," She Said. "They found your father."

"Really?" I gasped, getting out of my chair.

"They say he's a celebrity or something.." She mumbled. "Pack your bag. You'll be leaving soon, I'm sure."

"Yes!" I exclaimed, running to my room.

I threw the few things I had into a backpack, and put in my CD last.

Afterwards, I sat on my bed and sighed.

I couldn't believe it. They found my dad. And he's a celebrity.

I wondered who he was. Perhaps an actor? Or a model?

"Hey, Aunt Millie?" I called.

"What?"

"What's his name?"

"Who's name?"

"My dad."

"Um...Chris, I think." She Said. "Chris Martin."

Suddenly, my brain stopped working, and I felt all weird and dizzy. Chris Martin?

"D-did you say Chris Martin?" I Asked, my head refusing to believe what I had just heard.

"That's who they said he was." She Said.

"I...I'm Chris Martin's Daughter??" I Asked.

"I guess so." She Said. "Why, Do you know him?"

"I've only been listening to his band, Coldplay for years!" I Said, getting up and looking in the mirror, beginning to touch my face. "How did I not notice the resemblance? I mean, I don't know all that much about him, but I've seen him once or twice before."

"You're talking far too fast."

"I'm sorry...it's just, I'm Chris Martin's daughter...he's my hero." I mumbled. "Not that you'd understand, of course.."

I sat back down on my bed and looked up at the ceiling, a smile tugging at the corners of my lips.

"I'm Chris Martin's daughter." I whispered to myself.

I didn't know that much about Chris, since I've never used the internet in either of the places I have lived.

Once at school, instead of doing what I was supposed to be doing on the computer, I Googled Coldplay. I saw all of the members, and listened to a couple of songs that I had never heard before.

Then, A teacher happened to notice that I had my earbuds in, and ended up sending me to the principal's office.

I was so happy that I got to see what my heroes looked like, I didn't really care.

But now, I was more happy than I had ever been.

I've just learned that I'll meet my heroes.

I mean, unless Chris doesn't want me.

I've never seen what he was like, cause I haven't been able to watch a video of him.

I hope he's nice.

Chris's POV

"Jonny, the phone." I called to my friend, who was in the other room.

"Why can't you get it?" He asked.

"I'm...um.." I started.

"Not busy?"

"Fine.." I groaned, getting up off the couch and picking up the phone, before bringing it to my ear. "Hello?"

"Hello, is this Chris Martin?" A woman asked.

"Yes, it is." I Said.

"Did you ever know an Evelyn White?"

"Um...I think.." I Said. Why would they ask if I knew Evelyn White? I haven't seen her in around 12 years. "Who is this?"

"I can assure you, sir, I work for the social services." She Said. "We did a DNA test, and we found your daughter."

"W-What?" I Asked. Daughter?

"Evelyn has been arrested for murder, and her daughter needs a place to live." She Said. "Since you're her father.."

"O-oh...What's her name?" I asked.

"Aaliyah." She Said.

"Aaliyah.." I Repeated. "Are you're sure she's.."

"She's your daughter." She said. "We're 100% sure."

"How did you do a DNA test without.." I started.

"Your local clinic provided your blood." She interrupted again.

"Wow.." I Said.

"What is it?" Jonny Asked, coming in the room.

"Hold on." I mouthed.

"Will you be able to provide a home for Aaliyah?"

I bit my lip. "Yeah." I Said. "I will."