Chapter 11: Being Confident

This chapter is dedicated to @coldplayfanallday
Thank you so much for the upvotes, reads, and comments! You're currently my only reader, and it means so much to me!

*********

Chris set up a microphone for me, right beside his. Will made his way over to his drums, as Jonny picked up his guitar, and Guy did the same with his bass.

I stood in front of the microphone, feeling a bit anxious, but Chris looked down at me and smiled at me a bit, making me felt a little better.

He stood in front of his own microphone, adjusting it a bit. "You know the song, right?" He asked.

I nodded. It was one that I had listened to when I snuck onto the school's computer and used it for things other than schoolwork.

"Okay, we'll start." He said, smiling at me a bit.

Jonny began playing the guitar, and my heart skipped a little. I knew that my vocal part would be coming soon.

I began to feel a bit anxious, but willed my anxiety away, stepping up to the microphone and taking a deep breath.

"Oohhhh ohhh ohhhh ohh.." I sang.

Chris smiled at me, stepping closer to his microphone. "Once upon a time, somebody ran, somebody ran away, saying, as fast as I can. I've got to go. I've got to go." He sang as Will started drumming. "Once upon a time, we fell apart. You're holding in your hands the two halves of my heart. Oh oh.."

"Woah...ohhh ohhh ohh." I sang, before taking another deep breath. "Once upon a time, we're burning bright, but all we ever seem to do is fight. On and on.."

Chris and I looked at each other, singing the part together. "And on, and on, and on. Once upon a time on the same side, once upon a time on the same side, in the same game."

"But why'd you have to go, have to go and throw it all in my face?" I sang, and Chris looked at the others, who, though I didn't see it, were smiling. "Could've been a princess, you'd be a king. Could've had a castle, and worn a ring. But no, you let me go. Could've been a princess, you'd be a king. Could've had a castle, and worn a ring. But no, you let me go."

"You stole my star, la la la la la la la," Chris and I sang together again. "la la la la la la la, la la la, you stole my star, la la la la la la la."

"Ohhh ohhh ohhh ohhh. Ohhh ohhh ohhh ohhh." I sang on my own before Chris joined in once more.

"Cause you really hurt me. Oh, you really hurt me. Cause you really hurt me. No, you really hurt me. Cause you really hurt me. Oh, you really hurt me. Cause you really hurt me. Oh, you really hurt me."

The boys stopped playing the music, and it went silent for a moment.

"D-did I do Okay?" I Asked quietly, breaking the silence.

"Are you kidding? That was awesome!" Guy exclaimed.

"That was amazing!" Chris Said, giving me a tight. "I had no idea you could sing so well!"

"Is our problem solved? If Aaliyah sings in all of the concerts that Rihanna has to miss.." Jonny Said, Then paused. "If she's comfortable with it, of course.."

"What do you say, Aaliyah?" Chris Asked. "We'll all be there."

I bit my lip. "I'd really love to," I mumbled. "But...can I have a bit to think about it?"

"Of course." Chris Said, giving me a small smile. "Take all the time you need."

"The tour's not for another few weeks, anyway." Will Said.

Part of me really wanted to do it. Like, A lot.

But the other part of me was still nervous. Would the fans be okay with me and not Rihanna herself?

At least this solved one thing. I knew that I would be with Chris on tour, and not here by myself.

Besides, I doubted that Chris would leave me here on my own anyway.