Chapter 50: End To A Great Day

After we had cake and I had opened all of my presents, mostly everybody left, saying happy birthday to me once more.

The only people left were me, Chris, and Ryan and Jessica, who were helping Chris clean up. Well, at least Ryan was. Jessica was actually sitting cross legged on the ground beside me as we talked.

She was mostly talking about Luke Hemmings and Harry Styles, so I began to tune her out, glancing over at Ryan. Chris must've said something funny, because Ryan began to laugh really hard.

"Yo, earth to Aaliyah." I heard Jessica say.

I looked over at her. "Hm?"

"Did you hear anything I Said?" She Asked.

I bit my lip. "I know it was about Luke Hemmings?"

"Girl, I changed from that subject a minute ago." She laughed a little. "Seriously, are you okay? You seem off."

I shook my head, blushing I little. "I'm tired.." I Said quickly. "It's been a long day."

She nodded. "Yeah, I get it." She Said. "I'm tired, too."

I nodded, just as Chris and Ryan began to walk over.

"Jessica, Ready to head home?" Ryan Asked.

"Yeah, I guess.." Jessica whined.

Ryan laughed a little. "We'll have to plan something to hang out again."

Chris nodded in agreement. "That would be fun."

Jessica and I both stood up, and she gave me a tight hug.

"See you later, Aaliyah." She Said.

"Bye, Jessica." I Said. "Thanks for the necklace."

"No problem." She let go of me, giving me a small smile before walking away, heading towards the front yard so she could get in the car.

Chris gave Ryan a quick hug. "Thanks for helping with Aaliyah's surprise." He said. "I really couldn't have done it without you."

"No problem." Ryan smiled. "It was a lot of fun. Except you're going to have to go twice as big for my birthday."

The three of us burst out laughing, before Ryan came over, hugging me. I hugged him back tightly, and he rubbed my back.

"Bye, kiddo." He said. "Happy birthday."

"Thank you, Ryan." I Said, Before taking a deep breath.

Wow, he smelled good.

He pulled away from me, before beginning to walk away, waving with both hands.

"See you later, guys!" He said.

"Bye, Ryan!" Chris Said, before yawning. "I'm tired. What do you say we go to bed, Aaliyah?"

I nodded. "Yeah, I'm tired, too."

I wrapped my arms around him, and he lifted me up, giving me a piggyback ride into the house.

He decided to carry me up to my room, as well, and he dropped me on the bed, laughing a little.

I laughed as well, before yawning a little.

"I hope you sleep well, Aaliyah." He said, smiling at me.

"You too, Dad."

He kissed me on the cheek. "I love you, sweetheart."

"I love you." I Replied, before he stood, leaving my room.

I went and quickly changed and brushed my teeth, before going back into my bedroom, throwing myself on my bed. I pulled my phone out of my hoodie pocket, putting in the passcode. I noticed that I had gotten a text, and opened it up.

Hey, it's Ryan! Jessica gave me your number so I could send you our beach selfies!

Below he sent the selfies we took, and I smiled when I saw them.

I quickly texted a reply. Thanks for sending them! I'm just heading to bed. Goodnight!

Goodnight! He texted back.

I downloaded the photos, then turned off my phone, setting it on the nightstand beside me.

I smiled a little, thinking of my day,

I loved Jessica, she was so amazing. And Ryan was awesome.

I sighed happily, laying on my back and staring at the ceiling, before I eventually fell asleep.