Chapter 26

Dua's P.O.V

A month has passed since I shifted to Hashir's house or in other words was made to shift at his house.

Nevertheless I was happy. Hashir and I had formed a great bond in this time. True to his words he wasn't rude like before nor I was closed off to him. We still had to talk about a lot of things as I have hidden a lot from him but we were in a stable relationship now. It was more like a friendship than any other things. Hashir didn't try to be intimate with me since I was here. He only gave me forhead or cheek kisses not more than that. Since he was fully aware that I needed time for it and I wasn't prepared.

His mansion was quite beautiful. When I first shifted here he gave me a tour of whole mansion to made me familiarize with it. He also let me choose my own room. There was also a garden in here in which I like to spend my most of the time. All in all I was liking my stay here.

I also formed a great bonding with Mrs. Bano who was his housekeeper. She's a kind and friendly lady. She got bored in the house as their wasn't any female workers in here just a female cook who leave after cooking as Hashir wasn't comfortable with female working staff since he lives alone. So she was happy to have someone to talk to. And I was also happy to have someone to spend my free time with.

In the whole month I didn't saw my father nor cantact him in any way. I talked to my mother almost daily but I didn't tell her about my suicide attempt nor my shifting to Hashir's house as I didn't want to worry her.

I shook my head to clear these thoughts as I had another important thing to worry about.
My brother's birthday was coming in two days and I had to see him. It had been almost six months that I hadn't visited him and I was missing him badly. But I was living with Hashir at his mansion now and it was almost impossible to sneak out and visit my brother at my hometown's hospital without him knowing.

So I decided to make an excuse that I was going out with my friends but I was internally freaked out as I didn't want to lie to him. On the other hand I was sure that he'll see through my lie.

But when I went to talk to him about it. Something unexpected happened. Hashir told me he's going for a visit to hospital after two days. Since the hospital is in other city so he'll be gone for the day.

I thanked God as I didn't had to lie to him now and told him that I'll be going out too with my friends. He didn't inquired about my outing much to my relief. And now I was looking forward to meeting my brother which brought an immense happiness to me as I was dying to see his face.

I knew I was spared this time but I had to tell Hashir about it but I wasn't sure how I was gonna tell him about the whole thing or either I should tell him or not. I wasn't exactly hiding about Uzair Bhai from him but I wasn't telling him either. It wasn't because I was scared of his reaction it was because I didn't know how to do it. It was still a sore memory for me and it still hurts whenever I recalls it.

Flashback

Dua's P.O.V

A weak after Agha jaan died I returned home. A month passed in a blur but to say that situation has gotten worse than it already wouldn't be an understatement. Me and Uzair bhai were still grieving. But my father well he wasn't affected by Agha jaan's death at all. It felt like he was rather satisfied.

My father was constantly pressurising me to went back to haveli and steal the property documents from there as Wali will never be suspicious of me. And then he'll force him to sign them. But I didn't agreed to his evil plans rather I made it clear that I'll not succumb to his cruel wishes. Tension between me and my father was increasing day by day. Constant arguments had become a norm for us.
So my brother suggested me to stay with him at his house.