Chapter 16

Flashback continues.....

I called the doctor immediately after I shifted her to my room. I was a doctor myself but I preferred to call a lady doctor so she can check her thoroughly.

It had been about an hour that the doctor arrived and went to check her but she hadn't been back yet and I was getting worried now. I was standing outside the door waiting for them. I wondered what was taking the doctor too long.
I decided to go and check on them myself but before I could knock at the door, the door opened itself and doctor came out.

"What happened Dr. Rida?"
I asked impatiently as I was getting very worried for Dua and my patience was running low now.

"What is your relationship with her?"
She asked back instead of answering my question and I was getting annoyed now since the wait was already too much for me.

"I can't tell you unless you have some close relationship with her. I'm sorry Dr. Hashir."
Dr.Rida continued after seeing my facial expression and I sighed. She was my work fellow and she was very strict on rules so I decided to tell her the truth. Moreover Dua was my wife legally and religiously and I wasn't doing anything wrong that I have to hide our relationship with anyone.

"She's my wife. I think this relationship is enough for me to know what happened to her."
I said and she looked at me shocked. I've been working with Dr. Rida for almost a year and sudden news of my marriage must be a shock to her since I never talked about it ever. But she masked her expressions quickly and nodded at me.

"She's stressed. Her condition indicates that she's been in a traumatic situation. Is everything alright at your home? Because it looks like she had a panic attack due to extreme anxiety."
Dr. Rida was dropping bombs on me one after another and I could only gasp in shock.

"Anxiety? Trauma? Panic attack?"
I asked shocked and she nodded at me.

"Our grandfather died two months ago. She was very attached to him. She must be stressed because of it."
I replied thinking deeply but it didn't made any sense to me because she was just fine when she left for home with her father.
Sure she was sad and upset but it wasn't anything like that.

"Are you sure that's the only reason?"
Dr. Rida asked bringing me out of my thoughts and I looked at her confused.

"What do you mean?"
I asked frowning and she looked at me taking a deep breath.
"It looks like someone is pressurizing her for something because she was repeating again and again in her sleep that 'she don't want to do it'. And I don't know what that meant. Now you tell me what happened to her"

"I've no idea. She was actually visiting her parents and just came back today and I've got no idea what happened there."
I tried to explain Dr. Rida in the most simple way and she looked at me nodding.

"Try to keep her as happy as possible and don't give her any stress and I've written some medicines for her. Give them to her on time and also take care of her food as she's very weak nd she should eat more."
She gave me instructions and I nodded at her since I already know everything about it.

"Ok. I'll. Thanks a lot for coming. Now let's go I'll drop you home."
I said thanking her in gratitude and she gave me a polite smile.

"I'll go by myself. You should only focus on your wife now."
She replied with a chuckle and left while I decided to go and check on Dua myself.

I entered my room and there she was lying on the bed nearly lifeless. I didn't understand what happened in two months that she became like this. I was chastising myself for ignoring her. I was in so much grief over Agha jaan's death that I didn't even bother to check on her altough she was my responsibility. I should've been there for her.