Chapter 38

Dua's P.O.V

I stopped the car in front of my house wher I've grown up. After whatever had happened between me and Hashir, I didn't know what to believe. I knew I trusted him and believed whatever he said but still it wasn't any less shocking.

I've arrived at my house but I didn't know how to get in. If what Hashir said was true I didn't even want to imagine what my mother must've gobe through as it wasn't possible that she didn't know anything. But why she didn't tell me? Why did she kept me in the dark? My head was literally spinning from all the questions and I decided to go in instead of suffocating myself in the car.

I knocked at the door and unlike all the times, it was my mother who opened the gate. I engulfed her in a bear hug almost squeezing her. Her warmth had me forgetting about all my problems.

We went inside and kept chatting. I told her everything which had happened and then asked her if she knew about everything. Her bowed head gave me the desired answer. But instead of getting angry I hugged her hard. I don't blame her for not telling me. She had her own reasons and no women want to tell her children about their father's affair with a married woman. I had no reason to be angry. Instead I felt bad for her but also proud. She was the bravest woman I've ever seen.

We kept talking whole day untill it was night time. And now I was somewhat bothered. It was the time for my father to come home. Which meant I had to face him which I didn't want to.

He came home at about 10pm. We already had our dinner and I was sitting in the lounge with my mother watching T.V.

He entered and after seeing me his eyes almost popped out of sockets. Maybe he wasn't expecting me to be here after whatever he had done. He covered his shocked expressions with a hard look and gave me a glare.

"What is she doing here?"
He yelled at my mother and I stood up from the sofa where I was sitting.

"It's my house too."
I answered confidently looking into his eyes which had a menacing glint in them.

"You are dead to me since the day you eloped with your lover. It's no longer your house."
He yelled at me infuriating at my rude reply and I chuckled sarcastically. I've had no idea what had gotten into me then. I just wanted to hurt him as much as possible.

"You can't break blood relations even if you want to. Otherwise I would've been an orphan by now because having a father like you is better than having no one. And I didn't come here to see you. It's my mother for whom I've come. And the lover with whom I've eloped is my husband. The same man you got me married to. Unlike you I didn't have any affair with anyone."
I yelled back with same intensity and he was taken aback with my answer. Guess he wasn't expecting this one since he had no idea that I had gotten to know everything.

I didn't wait for any reply and took my mother with me. She tried to resist at first seeing my father's state but I didn't let her. This man didn't even deserve our sympathy.

We went to my room and slept. Unlike I expected, I had a peaceful sleep after I've vented my anger on him.

Almost a week had passed by. In these days, I haven't talked to Hashir even once. I did text him that I was alright so he didn't get worried but I didn't talk to him. I just wanted to have some time to think.

My father and I were on unspoken terms. He ignored me like I didn't existed and same was the case with me. After that night's drama, I didn't want to see his face.

I've made up my mind to convince Hashir to not give any proofs against him to Police. It wasn't because I still cared for him or anything. It was just the last favour I was giving him from my side for bringing me up. Afterwards, I didn't want to have any connection with him.