Chapter 33

Dua's P.O.V

"Wait what?"

"What the fuck?"

"How in the hell?"

These were the responses of Zohaib, Aina and Laiba on hearing that me and Umar were getting engaged but I don't blame them.

My life felt like a movie story even to me which has a plot twist after every fifteen minutes. And I was obliged to watch it till the ending.

"I think you should smile a little. Because your scowling face might scare away the guests."
I heard Laiba whispered at me and I gave her a glare in return.

It wasn't her fault though. I was sitting on the stage beside Umar who was now my fiance as we exchanged rings minutes ago but I was mostly busy glaring and scowling at no one in particular.

"Yesh sure. Why not? Everything in my life is roses and sunshine. I should smile right?
Like my husband just didn't disappear leaving me alone worrying about him. And I didn't get engaged to my best friend. And my mother who didn't just told me how disappointed she is with my decision."
I spoke gritting my teeth and I could bet that she suppressed a giggle at my words.

"Relax. Everything will be fine."
Aina reassured me for the nth time that day and I gave her a greatful smile.

After all the drama that had transpired after we told our friends about the engagement they supported us when they got to know everything. Since we literally had no choice.

My mother was angry at me and my father for this decision and they had a huge fight. After that she left the house and went to Uzair Bhai's house. I went after her and told her that everything will be fine but didn't tell her the real reason behind my actions since I didn't want to worry her even more. She just told me that she's disappointed with me but will support no matter what.

My father was also suspicious since from the very start I told him I won't get divorce from Hashir. And now my sudden approval for it and to even getting engaged with Umar must be surprising for him but me and Umar convinced him that I've changed and now I like him instead of Hashir.

"You were looking beautiful today."
Umar whispered breaking my chain of thoughts as we were done with the so called engagement and were sitting in the lawn alone as all others were busy in wrapping up the remaining work.

"Thanks. You looked handsome too."
I whispered back almost sighing in relief since the function was over.

"Hmm. I can only imagine the face of your husband if he heard this."
Umar said chuckling and I let out a giggle since he was right. I can only imagine Hashir turning green with jealousy.

"I miss him."
I said and after that we both turned silent. This was the first time I was telling someone this. I pretended to be happy and strong all the time. But only I knew how vulnerable was I. And letting someone know how you feel felt so good to me.

"I know."
He said giving me a small smile and I nodded at him.

"You don't have to worry. He'll be fine I promise."
He again said and this time I couldn't control the tears that were trying to break the confinement of my eyes and I let out a sob.

"Hey! Everything will be fine. He's fine. I promise."
Umar panicked and tried to make me stop crying but I just couldn't stop. I was finally letting out what I've been feeling since Hashir was gone. So I let it all out and sat there crying for about an hour.

""Are you alright?"
Umar asked after I was done crying and I nodded my head and wiped my face with the tissue.

"I feel okay now."
I muttered hoarsely since my voice was husky from crying.