Chapter 4

Dua's P.O.V

I left his office hurriedly not wanting to get insulted more than he already has. Surely I can't face him after that atleast for some days.
"What happened Dua?What did Sir talk to you about?"
Laiba questioned when she saw me entering the canteen and moving towards the table they were sitting.

I looked at Umar who was already looking at me. He still looked angry but he was much calmer than before. He looked away when we made eye contact. I moved my eyes toward all others who were all looking at me questioningly.

"Nothing much. He's the son of an old acquaintance of my father. He was just telling me if I have some problem here I can tell him. Probably, my father told him about me as you know how overprotective my father is."
I lied smoothly praying in my mind for them to buy it. And they did. While Umar looked at me like he'll kill me with his looks.

"Guys! I wanted to talk with Umar privately for a minute. We'll be back in few. Okay?"
I said and they all looked at me suspiciously since we all had no secrets between us but I just shrugged. Umar got up from his seat after nodding at our friends.

We moved toward the secluded portion of the canteen and Umar looked at me in rage.
"What the hell was that Dua? Old acquaintance huh?"
He shouted once he was sure no was listening to us.

"What was I supposed to do huh? I have no other option. Besides why are you so angry? You almost created a scene there. Thank God no one suspected anything. What's wrong with you"
I shouted back at him.
He sighed and ran a hand in his hairs looking at me dejectedly knowing far too well that I was right.

"I'm sorry. I lost control. It was unexpected. I didn't know it was his hospital. What are we going to do now? Do you want me to withdraw our application for training and applying somewhere else?"
He asked in a much calm tone.

"No it doesn't matter now. I didn't know it was his hospital. Otherwise you know I would never have come here myself. But we can't do anything besides if we withdraw our application now you know far too well we can't be able to apply somewhere else for two years as you know rules are very strict here and I don't want to waste two years of my life over it. So it's better we complete our training of one year and leave. But I don't want anyone to know about anything so please just try to be normal."
I said looking toward the wall besides him.

"Okay Dua. As you say. But what about Hashir. He won't tell anyone? And what did he talk to you about?"
Umar asked seriously.
"He said he won't tell anyone and I know he won't. Even if he wants to kill me he don't want a scandal in his hospital which he built with a lot of struggles. So I'm sure he won't tell anyone."
I replied firmly as I already knew Hashir's nature very well.

"Okay. Be careful and If he said anything. You know I'm here for you. Alright?"
He said protectively and slightly concerned.
"Ok Mr. Bodyguard."
I said chuckling and he too chuckled with me.

"Thank God you guys are back. I was worried if you were planning on running away"
Laiba said in a loud voice looking at us when me and Umar came back.
I smacked her head and she pouted while all of us laughed at her.

We got our schedules and to say that I was shocked would be an understatement. I was mortified. The schedule was so tough. I had to work twelve hours straight with only half an hour break in middle. Now I was surely regretting coming here.

I had a doubt No I was almost sure that it was Hashir's doing. He wants me to suffer. He wants to torture me  that's why he'll make me work like a robot. My friend's schedules were also tough but unlike mine. I cursed myself for not checking out the form before filling it for applying for training here. Only then I wasn't subjects to his torture. He surely hate me and he'll make me suffer so I'll have to bear it till he cools down little which I was sure wasn't possible anytime soon.