Chapter 15

This chapter is dedicated to Umamahjin who has been a constant support for me through her messages. Thanks a lot dear❤️

                     Dua's P.O.V

"And that's how she fainted."
My patient's husband finished telling me how his wife  fainted while I was on verge of fainting myself more like sleeping like a log.
I was working since twenty six hours and my eyes were begging me now to close them and I was on verge of sleeping or maybe fainting on my chair.

I prescribed them some medicene while straightening myself on my chair as I still had four hours more to go and I wasn't sure how I was gonna survive them.
I was sure that Hashir was doing it on purpose. Out of all my friends I had the toughest schedule and when I asked for the reason I was informed that the department I choosed for my major had tough duty hours but I was sure that my husband was involved in it. And even if he wasn't still I needed someone to curse at and he was surely the right person.

I was on verge of dosing off when the cause of my sleepless nights quite literally came inside the ward looking so fresh like he freaking walked out of magazine although it was almost midnight about 3pm.
I rolled my eyes and kept my focus on the patient's file that I was reading or trying to read almost falling asleep.

"Do you need a bed?"
The sudden loud voice of Hashir knocked me into consciousness and I immediately stood up quite confused as to what he was saying.

"I asked if you need a bed. Since the chair looked quite uncomfortable to sleep in"
He said sarcastically while my temper shot up at his words.

"Why not Mr. Hashir? And I'll be more than glad if you order two pillows intead of one since I use two pillows for sleep."
I said as sweetly as possible making him send me a death glare which didn't affect me much since I was used to it.

"Why are you doing this?"
I asked after some moments of silence as I was on verge of sleep again reading a boring file while he was checking on some sleepy patient.

"What do you  mean?"
He asked and I rolled my eyes at him and puffed my cheeks. He very well knows what I'm talking about but still he tried appear innocent.
"Well let me rephrase that sentence Mr. Hashir. Why are you torturing me by this sweet schedule?"
I asked in a sarcastic tone but my voice came out husky due to my sleepy condition.

He looked at me bored and shrugged me off which annoyed me to extreme also my condition wasn't helping me either and I was growing furious at him.
"Well I just added a little sweet hours to your already sweet schedule. You can kiss me a thank you for it. I won't mind."

He said in a sweet tone while winking me at the end and I glared at him so hard that if the looks could kill he would be in six feet underground right now but still I was very much aware of the heat which spread over my cheeks at his words which I covered with my frowning face. I was literally a mess. The guy was torturing me physically and mentally while I was swooning over his words. I rolled my eyes at my thoughts.

I stayed silent knowing that whatever I say will fall on deaf ears and he will literally do opposite to whatever I say so it was useless to waste my words and time on him.
"You want coffee?"
He asked after he was done with the patient while I looked at him bewildered at his sudden kindness.

I stared at him for some time to look for any kind of amusement or sarcasm but found none. So I nodded reluctantly.
"Let's go then."
He said and I looked at him shocked.
Go where. I thought in my mind. He caught my confusing face and chuckled drily.

"I'm talking about going to my office since I can't take you on a coffee date at some restaurant this time nor I want to."

He answered my unasked question and I nodded my head and got embarrassed. He went out and I followed him like a lost puppy. After making two cups of coffee he handed me my cup while sitting down on the couch placed in the corner of his office. It was mild brown coffee like I always liked. I got surprised that he still remember my preferences and my eyes glistened remembering how he used to make me my favourite coffee whenever I visited Agha jaan on weekends.