Chapter 23

Hashir's P.O.V

I was sitting in my office working on my laptop when my PA knocked at the door. I gave the permission to enter all the while my eyes still busy on laptop.
When he didn't said anything for a minute I averted my gaze to him who was looking quite confused.

"What happened? You alright?"
I asked keeping the laptop on the table and giving him all my attention.

"Sir a mail came for you."
He said confusingly and I mirrored his expression as I have already read and replied to all the mails for today.

"It must be for hospital."
I replied staring at him who shook his head.

"No sir it has your name and adress and it looks like some legal papers from court. You should check this out."
He replied and forward me the papers while I was still confused. Why would court summon me or send me documents.

"Ok you can go. I'll see."
I dismissed him and look towards the papers. They really looked like they're from court.
I ripped open the envelope and checked the documents and it was like I was frozen for a moment because they were signed divorce papers from court.

I fumed at the documents and it took all my willpower not to torn them into million pieces. I immediately got up from my seat and went to Dua's office. Enough was enough. I needed answers and I was sure that I'll get them today even if they broke my heart.

I barged into her office like a mad person and pinned her to the wall who acted quite oblivious to the whole situation. I threw the divorce papers on her table and demanded explainatiom on her this move as I was quite heartbroken because of all the situation.

"Hashir I.....I don't know about this. I didn't send you these papers."
She spoke timidly and I scoffed at her.

"These papers clearly state that I'm an aggressive and abusive person who have hurted you multiple times. I have multiple illicit affairs and no morals. So you don't want to live with me and want divorce and I have to pay the penalty of fifty thousand dollars to you."
I said in rage while chuckling sarcastically at the end. As it was clear to me that all this scam was again for money.

""Hashir I...I"
She tried to say something but I cut her off in middle.

I grabbed her arm and pulled her towards me who crashed into my chest. My grip on her get tightened.

"When did I ever abused you or hit you or rape you that you mentioned oh so nicely?"
I said gravely my voice tuning octave in the end.

"Hashir I swear I have no idea about these papers nor I want divorce. Why would I try to indulge with you if I really wanted divorce?"
She said softly while I shook my head at her.

"For money of course. It was all a sham for money. Dua I really underestimated you. You know a week ago I was thinking on working on our relationship. Giving you a chance. I was even ready to start a normal life with you forgetting everything because I have always loved you but you....you again played with my feelings just for money. And now I'm questioning myself did I really deserve a woman like you?"
I spat at her who looked at me aghst.

                     Dua's P.O.V

I looked at him trying to interpret the situation. Suddenly all was clear to me. My father's call just now and how he was saying that I shouldn't live alone and he was worried for me. It was all his doings. He called me to know if Hashir has contacted me yet about divorce or not but since I didn't knew at that time he didn't questioned me. Altough I have told my father multiple times that I'll not get divorce from Hashir nor I will marry anyone. He was adamant. He must've done all this. But why now? It was a question for me too and I was hell bent on finding the answer but first I had to calm my raging husband.