Chapter 17

Hashir's P.O.V

"I want you all to know that no mistakes are allowed in the medical camps. You all have to give your hundred percent to it. Also it's like a charity for those people who can't afford expensive medical treatment at hospitals. So you're also doing it not only for the welfare of this hospital but also for the welfare of humanity. As a doctor it should be our aim to serve our people instead of making money.
I hope all of you understand my thoughts clearly. Now we can discuss our plan thoroughly. Dr. Abis you can start."

I said putting the files in my hand on the table looking at Dr. Abis who was sitting opposite to me at the far end of the meeting room. He nodded at me and started explaining.

"Every year our hospital arrange a medical camp to some random city. It's a one week trip. It has two benefits. One as Dr. Hashir explained is to help those who are in need of medical attention but can't afford it's expenses.
Second reason is to check how our doctors deal with the patients when they're short of medical supplies. So it's a kind of test to check your dilligence and ability in dealing with emergency situations."

Dr. Abis explained and took a glass of water to drink while Dr. Amna sitting beside him continued.

"You guys must be wondering why are you selected for performing duty at the medical camp. The reason is your academic and work performance at the hospital.
Every year we monitor our first and second year interns and trainees carefully and from those total two hundred doctors only fifty are selected for this job. So congratulation on your selection. It's a kind of honour for you."

Dr. Amna said with a smile while all the doctors present there returned her gesture gleefully while I cleared my throat to speak.

"You guys are divided into two teams. One is girls while other is boys. All the girls will respond to Dr. Amna who will guide you throughout the camp and will give you all the instructions about your stay,work details, everything. While boys will be guided by Dr. Abis.
If anyone of you has any doubt you can ask Dr. Abis or Dr. Amna who will be the incharge of this whole medical trip. They'll definitely guide you. I will also be there with you as the CEO of this hospital so you can also seek my help. We'll leave after two days. You will get the schedule after the meeting. Now you all are given a leave of tomorrow to prepare for the trip. You can leave."

I finished the meeting and all the doctors left the meeting room immediately except for Dua who kept looking at me for a moment like she wanted to say something but then left after a minute without saying anything.

Every year my hospital establish a free medical camp in some city to help those who are in need of medical attention but can't afford it. Altough I have always tried to help poor patients but this camp was the best opportunity for those who can't afford to travel.

While I was pondering over it my mind roamed toward Dua and her friends. Selection of trainees wasn't done by me. It was always decided by heads of all departments in the meeting. I just sign their decision. When I read the list of selected doctors I was definitely shocked.

I always knew Dua and her friends were hardworking. But to my utter disbelief all of her group got selected for the medical camp. They sure were really devoted to hospital.

Asfi and Sara left in the morning after that night. It made me upset but I couldn't do anything about it. It wasn't in my control. So the best possible solution for us was to stay away from eachother. But it's also going to be difficult since asfi is trying to make a new hospital in my city and we will be collaborating our hospitals. It will be a big project but because of this project we must have to meet more often.

I shook my head to clear away these thoughts from my mind as I was already getting a severe headache because of it.

........................