Chapter 25

Dua's P.O.V

"Dua! You're really fine right?"
Aina asked me for the hundredth time in two hours and I nodded at her giving her a reassuring smile.
Aina, Zohaib and Laiba came to meet me after breakfast and they all were very worried about me. And since then they kept asking me if I'm fine or not and I really felt bad for worrying them like this.

When I wake up on the hospital bed this morning, I didn't understand what happened to me. But after a few minutes all memories rushed back to me and I realized I again tried to take my life. I sighed dejectedly looking at my wrist to see it was bandaged properly. I decided to call someone as I needed water but before I could get up my eyes went towards the chair placed beside my bed and I gasped in surprise on seeing Hashir sleeping on it in an uncomfortable position.

I ran my hand through his hair on instinct and he got up due to my movement. But his words surprised me. Instead of harshness, I found concern in his hazel eyes. It was almost like my Wali was back. He kept talking to me with tenderness and even fed me soup with his own hands which was really a pleasent shock to me.

And when I asked him if he was mad at me or not, he surprised me with his sudden kisses. It was almost like he was making sure that I was alive and beside him. And unlike I expected he gave me another shock with his sudden love confession.
After that he didn't said a word to me and left the room shortly leaving me to my thoughts when my friends came to meet me.

I was literally shaken up by his sudden display of affection yet I wasn't sure if it was only a heat of moment or he really meant it. But in my heart I knew that he meant everything. I wasn't blind to his care and concern for me. And when my friends told me how he behaved yesterday after he got to know about my condition I was more than glad to know he still cares. And how he gave me his blood to save my life. And now he even admitted that he still loves me. His words were honest and I could tell that he was very concerned for me.

Altough I hurted him, we both hurted eachother yet he still loved me enough to save me was the thought that kept a smile on my face and now I was more than willing to face every difficulty that may come in my way to be his forever.

"Dua you scared us to death yesterday."
Laiba's voice brought me out of my thoughts and I gave them a small smile.

"I'm so sorry guys. I don't know how I did it."
I replied guiltily and looking down at my lap.

"We're also sorry."
Laiba and Aina replied at the same time and I looked at them confused.

"For what?"
I asked almost immediately looking at both of them.

"We were very rude to you week ago and we ignored you altough you tried so much to talk to us. We didn't act mature and talk it out rather we abandoned you when you needed us the most."
Laiba replied in a small tone and I hugged both her and Aina.

"It wasn't your fault. I was being very difficult. Don't beat yourself up for it. None of it was your fault."
I replied still hugging them and it was true none of it was their fault rather they were so much supportive to me since forever.

"Finally! I thought it's gonna take ages to make them come around."
Zohaib interupted us with a fake squeak and all of us glared at him.

"Zohaib! Shut up for once and let us have our moment."
Laiba said sassily and we all laughed at Zohaib who faked a broken heart expression.

Suddenly a question popped in my head and I voiced it out.
"Who brought me to the hospital?"
I asked my friends and watched as they tensed at my question.

"It was Umar."
Zohaib said after a moment of silence and I looked at him asking for explaination.

After he told me how Umar found me and brought me to the hospital I was silent. I didn't know how to process that information. I sighed as he didn't even came to meet me after practically saving me but inwardly I was relieved too as I wasn't in a position to face him as it'll only make things more difficult.