Hanji Zoe x Male!Reader

Modern AU

Request from oqhdksnsk.

Hanji walked in the classroom and made her way to her desk. She took her place and started bugging her friend Levi, just for fun. The short male got annoyed with her, soon starting to ignore her. Which made her pout and move her interest to Moblit. In the middle of teasing him the bell signaled the start of the lesson. Hanji gave Moblit one last poke on the ribs before she sat down at her desk and took the books out of her bag.

The teacher was getting a bit late. Just when the students started chatting with each other, the teacher walked in the classroom with a teen following him. Hanji assumed it was a new student. Perfect, she would have a new buddy to tease.

-Introduce yourself. - said the teacher.

-I'm Y/n L/n, moved here from C/n. - he shrugged, not really knowing what to say.

The techer told him to sit down, while Hanji was sitting baffled. Her hand went to the necklace she was wearing.

Flashback

-I don't want you to go. - said ten-year-old Hanji to her friend, Y/n.

-Me neither. - he sighed. He was moving out with his parents and he was saying his final goodbye.- But I promise that we will find each other somehow. - he said before an idea hit him. He took off his necklace and put it around Hanji's neck. - Here. If I ever see you, I will be able to recognize you.

She never took this necklace off.

End of flashback

She played with worn out metal dragon that was hanging on the chain around her neck. She couldn't wait for the break between the classes to approach him. Once the lesson passed, Hanji got up and went up to Y/n before someone else will steal his attention. She made sure the necklace was visible.

-It's been a while Y/n. - she said grinning. Y/n looked puzzled for a moment before the little dragon caught his attention. He widened his eyes and smiled, standing up.

-You still have it. - he said, taking the dragon in his hand.

-I promised to keep it. - she said and pulled him in the tight hug. Y/n hugged her back, picking her up a bit. Hanji laughed as she squeezed him in her arms.

They became inseparate from that day on. They couldn't believe their luck. Hanji often slept at Y/n's place, and he stayed the nights at her house too. He also got along with Levi and the rest of Hanji's friends, but they were just additions. Y/n's attention was on Hanji only. He had to admit that Hanji's character didn't change much. She was as hyper as when they were kids. Now they were almost adult and Y/n couldn't help but look at her in a different way. He knew that feeling already. He was falling for her.

-Are you listening to me? - asked Hanji. In that moment Y/n realised that he got carried away with his thoughts.

-Sorry, I got lost in my thoughts. - he answered shaking his head.

-Did you sleep at all? - she asked examining his face, looking for signs of being tired.

-Not much. - he admited.

-What did I tell you about playig games all night? - Hanji scolded him.

-To not to do it without you. - he answered chuckling.

-And to get a decent amount of sleep! -she reminded him. - Unless...Unless there's some girl that's stealing your attention?

-Yeah, there is one. - Y/n nodded, wanting to see her reaction.

-Tell me about her. - she urged him to speak, but her eyes weren't as shiny as before. This gave Y/n a shot of courage. He decided to use it before it will go away and he will miss his opportunity.

-I'm pretty sure you know yourself. -he smirked.

Hanji's eyes widened as she giggled nervously. She blushed, not really knowing how to behave. She hoped that Y/n would confess, but she didn't expect it to happen. At the same time she didn't want him to feel rejected, so she hugged him tight and kissed his cheek. She didn't want to do anything that might seem weird, she didn't want to scare him away. Y/n pulled her in his lap and hugged her tight too.

-So will you be my girlfriend or not? -he said, knowing the answer already.

-Yes. - Hanji muttered and squeezed him tighter. - I love you.

-I love you too. - he smiled, pecking her lips.