𝐈𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞

Trying to navigate your way through the school hallways, you scroll through your phone, staring at the map and directory. It's your first day at U.A high, just a couple of months into your senior year.

Most wonder why you would transfer to such a prestigious school so late, but you just moved here, and your mother wants you to get the best education you can. So that's how you wound up here, trying to find your first-period class.

Speaking of your mother, you just got a text from her. You hadn't seen her this morning when you went to leave, since she was already out at work. It's how things usually are, and you're used to it.

Mom: Good luck on your first day

Mom: Love you

You smile down at the texts, starting to type something back, and you're completely absorbed into your phone, not even noticing the other people around you. So you end up smacking into something. Something hard and firm.

That something is a person, and that person is now yelling at you. "Watch where you're going, extra!"

He's so loud that your ears feel like they're going to bleed, making you grimace in annoyance. You look up at the stranger, seeing a tall boy who's big, much bigger than you. He has spiky blonde hair, blood-red eyes, and he's strong and intimidating.

He looks like he's just about ready to punch you in the face once he's done shouting, and you simply ignore it, looking for what caused him to bitch so much. Your eyes set on a phone that was laying face flat on the floor, that has a bright orange case with a skull on it. Assuming it's his, you pick it up, handing it to him.

"You gonna take it or what?" You ask, and it's like he snapped out of a trance, because his expression changes from a dog baring its teeth to something much less hostile. "Huh?"

"This is your phone, right? Here." He looks down at the phone in your hand, snatching it from you and stomping off, grumbling something unintelligible.

You watch him leave, muttering a small "asshole" under your breath. Are all students at U.A going to be entitled brats like him? You hoped not.

--

You manage to arrive at your first class, (which thankfully is just homeroom) a few minutes late, finding an empty seat in the back. Lucky for you, the teacher isn't here yet.

"Psst, psst! Hey!" The boy seated behind you whispers, getting your attention.

You look over your shoulder, your eyes locking with electric yellow ones. It's another blonde boy, this one seeming a lot more approachable. "You're the new girl, right?"

"Is that what everyone's calling me?" You ask with a little giggle and a smirk. "Um, yeah. I'm (y/n) (l/n)."

"Denki Kaminari. It's a pleasure." He grins, shaking your hand. "So, you single?"

"Um-"

"Shut it, dunce face. No one wants to hear your shitty attempts at flirting." That same guy from before who is unfortunately in your class snapped, facing back in his seat.

A part of you feels grateful that he got you out of that awkward situation, but the other is just annoyed. The boy sitting behind you just glared at him, rolling his eyes.

"Jeez, what's his problem?" You murmur to Kaminari, managing to change the topic.

"Oh, you mean Bakugo? He's always like that. You get used to it after a while. Some people say he's a big softie on the inside. But I don't know." He answers with a shrug. 

"He just seems like a dick." You mutter to Kaminari, making him laugh.

Before you two can continue your conversation, the teacher walks in, interrupting you. He looks like he never sleeps, his eyes lidded with heavy bags, his black hair messy, and stubble littering his chin. He lets out a long sigh, putting a folder down on the podium he was standing behind, flipping through it.

He goes over school news and student information, his voice so monotone and dull you almost fall asleep listening to it. "Oh, and also, we have a new student."

His eyes look over the class, searching through the other students before they finally set on you. He gestures to you with one finger, using the "come here" motion, and you reluctantly walk up to the podium next to him, introducing yourself.

--

Bakugo doesn't like you. Not one bit. Sure, he doesn't like a lot of people, but he can't stand you. You're irritating, you talk too much, and you won't go away.

It should've been easy for him to ignore you. He does it with most people that he isn't interested in, easily forgetting names and faces, using insulting nicknames when addressing them. But you. How the hell can he get away from you when you're in every class with him?

He isn't kidding. He wishes it was some sort of sick joke, but it's not. Every class you're there. Every. Fucking. Class. And it's driving him insane.

You're too distracting. Bakugo can't understand why, but any moment he isn't completely focused, he ends up finding himself looking over at you, his eyes burning into the back of your head.

It doesn't help that everyone's talking about you. It doesn't help that you're befriending the ones he's close to, Kaminari rambling about you non stop and Ashido already all BFF with you.

Bakugo doesn't understand why you make him act this way. Why you make him feel this way. He barely knows you.

The only interaction he's even had with you is when you bumped into him in the hall this morning. When he snapped at you and you didn't even react. Didn't cry or yell at him or run away like others would do, didn't even flinch. You just picked up his phone and gave it to him. It was almost like you were being kind to him, even though he just yelled in your face.

  It seems that Bakugo can't get away from you. That you're unavoidable, inescapable, inevitable. His destiny and fate. And he hated it.