Epilogue

❤️ ❤️Avni couldn't decide whether or not her life had changed in the last 4 years

❤️ ❤️
Avni couldn't decide whether or not her life had changed in the last 4 years.

When she really thought about it, yes, things had changed. Her son was now a little boy, four years in age. He hobbled around the Khanna Mansion, shifting everything from its original place and scattering the huge pile of toys he possessed.

The four years were a plethora of eventful happenings for her. From celebrating her son's first birthday to watch him crawl for the first time...from laughing when he laughed to crying when he did...from getting impatient to listen to his first words to laughing when he actually did, everything had changed.

As Avni sat in her cabin, staring at a picture of her husband, son and herself on the beach, she recalled the incident when Aarav had uttered his first words. They were celebrating Halloween with everyone and Aarav looked like he finally wished to say something.

Everyone had gathered around him and prompted him to call them first. The poor boy was confused hearing loads and loads of confused words like Mami, Massi, Nani, Nanu, Dadi, Dadu, Bua, Chachu, Chachi, Mumma and Papa. Avni and Neil were pushing him the most.

Aarav, thoroughly confused, ended up speaking  Pumma as his first words, which was the result of some bad mixing of Papa and Mumma. All of them laughed on it so hard that day!

On his first birthday, after the party throughout which Aarav was mostly asleep, Neil had taken him to the pool inside their home at night time, when he was awake. Aarav was like his father, he enjoyed and screamed in happiness when he was in water while Avni sat on the edge and clicked pictures of them.

She vividly remembered how he had stared at the water with his beautiful hazel eyes for a few seconds. His tiny hands clutching his father's shoulders tightly. He was still a little above the water's surface as Neil had picked him up.

Neil had then lowered him a bit and Aarav began punching the water and splashing it all over Neil and Avni. "I've got a pool companion!" Neil said, kissing his baby boy's cheeks and watching in delight as he tried to hold the little plastic yellow dolphin floating on the water.

It was one of his favourite toys, the dolphin Kiki, besides Bobo the goldfish, TeeTaw the monkey and Tata the elephant. The day he had taken his first steps was a special one. Neil had been supporting his back and stomach while Avni was holding his tiny hands as he took little steps.

And after that, she would kneel down and open her arms wide and Aarav would run and hug his mommy tightly... The boy was deeply loved by all his relatives and Avni couldn't have felt any more blessed.

As Avni wore her watch and took her laptop to go to the meeting room, she got reminded of Aarav's first day at school. He was really nervous about going to a new place for full three hours.

AvNeil had cancelled their work for those three hours of the day and got ready to be with him on his new journey. Neil, thinking he could go to work afterwards, had worn his police uniform seeing which she had scolded him.