Date

"She's inside right?" Neil asked, breaking apart from Ashish and Neela, a huge grin on his face

"She's inside right?" Neil asked, breaking apart from Ashish and Neela, a huge grin on his face. "Yes, defend yourself sweetheart." Neela said sheepishly, earning a chuckle from Ashish.

"And what's that supposed to mean?" Neil frowned. "Why don't y'all come and see too?" Ashish laughed and offered to Dd and Aman. Together, they walked inside her room, Neil thinking why did he need to defend himself.

He had thought she would be the happiest to see him, probably she would be. He opened the door to see that she was lying with her eyes closed, headphones on. Aman nudged him to go and wake her up. Hesitantly, he knelt at her side and shook her lightly.

Avni opened her eyes and was shocked to see Neil standing there. Neil thought for a moment she would kiss him but he received a harsh smack on his torso by a pillow from her.

She then used her fine hand to hit him with anything she could lay her hands on. Neil fell to the bed and tried defending himself with his hands, saying "Avni geroff me!", "What the fu*k Avni?!", "Oww!". 

"You didn't even think it was important to tell me where you were? A week!" She shrieked, trying to release her hand from Neil's grip. "Unfair fight! You're blocking her only usable hand and you have two! Death of democracy!" Aman commentated, his eyes gleaming as if he was seeing a sporting event live. DD burst into laughter, looking at Neil sympathetically. 

"This is not funny Aman!" Avni rounded up on him, shooting a deathly glare towards him. Aman and DD stopped grinning at once and looked on. Avni got up from Neil's top and looked at him angrily, fresh tears brimming her eyes now.

"Do you have any idea how scared I was?" She asked timidly, her lips wobbling now. Unable to control herself or her feeling of relief that he was safe and sound and in front of her, she forgot her anger and hugged him tightly, irrespective of the physical pain in this process. She sobbed in his chest. 

"Let's go out now." Ashish suggested and they all went at once, closing the door behind them. "I'm sorry Avni." Neil hugged her back, caressing her hair and planting soft kisses on her head. "Where were you?" Avni asked, once her sobbing had reduced and was looking at Neil, her face close to his. 

"Cutting a long story short, I arrested Dayawanti." Neil wiped the tears off her cheeks and kissed them. Avni stared at him for a while, blankly. "I'm sorry what?" She asked in disbelief. "I-A-R-R-E-S-T-E-D-D-A-Y-A-W-A-N-T-I." Neil spoke clearly, smiling at her. 

"Really?" Avni asked, a small smile playing on her face. "Yes! So where's my reward? No, I get to decide." Neil asked playfully, earning a chuckle from her. "Anything...I'm..so.." Avni couldn't even complete as she was so happy. 

"It's been 10 days since I last kissed you Av. I-"

Neil couldn't finish his wish because Avni had already begun to fulfill it; her hands shifted to his hair as she kissed him, not wanting to break it. Neil's hands were now on her waist and back as he pulled her more towards him, careful as to not touch her wound though, he kissed her back equally passionately, having the same desire to not break it either.