One Step Away

DD exclaiming is me every time you hit the star icon !》》》》》》》》》》

》》》》》》》》》》

"Wedding on 30th!" The priest declared, widening the eyes of everyone listening. The Mehtas and Khannas had decided to take things forward after the engagement so they had decided to call the priest to fix the date of the marriage.

He had done a lot of research ("hocus pocus, I tell you", Avni told Aman) and told them that 30th August was the most auspicious day he could find right now for AvNeil's wedding.

"A week for the preparations, Oh Lord." Neela Ma expressed her worries when the priest was gone. "Avni come with me." Shweta held Avni's hand hurriedly, Neil's as well, and dragged them both to Neil's car, gesturing him to drive.

"Where are we going?" Neil asked, buckling his seat belt and started to drive out of Avni's building gates. "Here, we need to buy a lehenga for Avni and a sherwani for you!" Shweta thrust a piece of paper under Neil's nose. He sneezed, took the paper and started to drive towards the desired location while Avni giggled seeing his red nose.

"If you catch a cold, you're welcome to watch Peppa Pig with me." Avni whispered in Neil's ear when Shweta wasn't looking. Neil quickly stole a glance from the front mirror to check if Shweta was looking. She was indulged in watching the markets they passed through so Neil took the opportunity and kissed Avni's cheek and then focused back on the road as if nothing happened.

They soon reached the place and they went in to decide Neil's attire first, thinking it would probably take lesser time. The person in the showroom took his measurements and Avni and Shweta agreed to a cream coloured sherwani with golden embroidery. They also took a confirmation from Neela Ma and Tisca over the phone - all in all, Neil's attire had approval from the 4 most important ladies in his life.

When they went to buy something for Avni from a premium designer, they took a long time in deciding the design first. Meanwhile, Neil went outside to receive a call from his commissioner who permitted him to take a leave and focus on his wedding as they didn't have a major case to solve.

Happy with the permission, Neil turned sharply to join the ladies back when he bumped into someone. "I'm so sorry ma'am." Neil apologised and straightened when he saw it was Rhea Mehta.

"Hullo Neil." She smiled sweetly at him. "Er..Hi Rhea." Neil shook her hand awkwardly, trying to think of ways to avoid talking with her because of Avni's insecurities.

"What are you doing here?" She asked, glancing around. Apparently, she asked so because it was only a shopping complex filled with ladies so it was unnatural to see a man there, only for shopping.

Neil drew a sharp breath and decided to end it in a go. "Shopping for my wedding, with my fiancée." He said, his chest thrown out with pride. Rhea's expression changed quicker than the time taken for saying hi.