CHAPTER 21: It's Time

LEONA

It's been a few weeks now since Nolton and I have been dating and I never thought I would fall for anyone so fast, but he makes it a bit hard not to.

Not saying that I have put all of my eggs into one basket already or want to get married or anything, but it's just, he has been different than anyone I have ever dated and even though I haven't been in many relationships in the past, I at least have been in enough to compare.

Tonight, since Nolton had some business to take care of, I decided to stay in with Marlie since Brett is Nolton's Associate and has to go with him to all business meetings, her and I both were planning to watch a movie and order some food.

Besides, she needed a break from all the work that she whas been busy doing for her career. I have tried to help also on top of working for Jackie and felt I too could use a break.

We had decided on a favorite movie of ours-Practical Magic. In fact, it's mine and Marlie's movie. It always reminded us of ourselves and how we felt we both were like each other's sister. Plus, who didn't at one point or another not want to be a witch and fly away on a broom?!

After we finished eating and watching the movie, I had her pick out the next thing for is to watch while I grabbed us some more wine.

"Oh by the way, I have been meaning to ask you about Nolton." She mentions.

"What about him?" I asked.

I began feeling nervous by her tone as she sounded like she was truly interested in hearing juicy details, but also had the protective part she has on me.

"Come on. Don't be like that. You know what I mean." She says.

I walk over with our glasses of wine refilled and handed her her glass before I took a seat back down on the other end of the couch.

"There's nothing to tell. I mean, yes, we are dating but, that's it." I tell her.

"Yeah, okay." She rolls her eyes while taking a drink from her wine.

"Not all of us like sharing personal information with others. It's called privacy and you should try it sometime." I mention.

"Oh my god, please save that nice-good-girl-next-door routine. I'm your best friend, bitch." She playfully pushes my shoulder.

"I know." I replied as I started taking a sip of wine. Then after waiting a moment, I started to give her a little bit of information. "Fine. I'll tell you that he is great in bed, a real good kisser and surprisingly romantic." I tell her. "There! Was that enough?" I asked.

"For now." She teases. She then too waits a moment or two before beginning to tell me something. "You know Brett told me a little bit about Nolton, that I wasn't sure if I should tell you but,....." She begins to say in a now serious and concerned tone of voice.

"What is it?" I asked as I tried to fight the nausea I was starting to feel from being so worried as to what she was about to say.

"That....." She stops herself for a few seconds before smiling again and continuing. "That he has never seen him so happy or even try with another girl as he has with you."

I let out a breath of relief that I hadn't realized I was holding in and it was my turn to shove her.

"My god, you scared me. It sounded as though you were going to tell me something about him like he's married or something." I chuckled somewhat nervously.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to." She replies.

Now, even though I am sure that wasn't really what she wanted to tell me, I just let it go because it could also be the wine talking. Not to mention that if she really was going to tell me something serious, she would. I mean damn, she never held back with how she felt about my ex, Tyson or my other exes.

So we stayed up watching several reruns of some shows before heading off to bed and while laying down, I looked out my window as I laid onto my side in bed and started wondering about what she truly wanted to tell me.

Was it bad? Was she afraid to tell me? Or could it be that I am just overthinking things? Ugh, why can't I not think the way I do sometimes and read so much into things, especially like that. Because once again, she never holds back any information, no matter how bad it is, from me.

Before falling asleep, I made an honest effort in telling myself that I needed to stop reading too much into certain things and frankly, I think life would be better that way.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)