CHAPTER 31: Who Is This Guy?!?

LEONA

Wow! There is never a dull moment with my life anymore.

We found out later after we had left that his Uncle's 'modifications' meant he had more than enough cash inside of it along with weapons in hidden spots throughout the RV.

We have now been traveling in the RV for a few days and nearly everybody (except for Marlie and I) have been taking turns back and forth in driving it while stopping only when needed and for a very short amount of time.

In my head I have told myself that we are on a road trip and that nobody is chasing us trying to kill us.

Tonight was Nolton's turn to drive as everybody else slept. I wanted to keep him company since I couldn't sleep and started making my way up towards the front and sat down in the passenger seat.

"Why aren't you asleep?" He asks me the moment I sit down.

"I couldn't. Besides, I want to be near you." I smile at him.

He smiles back at me.

While driving, I tried keeping him awake and we talked throughout the rest of the night into early afternoon when it was his Uncle's turn to drive and we both went to sleep in a bed that was in the very back.

Hours later after we woke up, we noticed we were stopped and as we walked out to where everybody was sitting at, they all were staring ahead at a nice big gated mansion with several men standing and protecting the outside with guns.

Where the hell were we? Was this another Mafia Boss's house? Oh god, did his Uncle take us to Marlon and betray us?

"Where are we?" Nolton began to ask as he walked up to the passenger seat and sat down next to Uncle Rainey.

"An old friend's place." He says and then some guy with a gun dressed in a nice suit walked up towards Uncle Rainey's side.

"I'm here to see Groman." He tells the guy.

"And who should I say is here?" The guy asks.

"Rainey." He tells him.

The guy is quiet for a moment and then I notice him remove his sunglasses to look at Rainey a little bit more intently.

"Oh my god. Is it really you? Damn you have aged." The guy jokes with him.

"Yeah, I know." Rainey laughs.

"What the hell you doing driving this piece of shit?!" The guy asks.

"It's a long story. But I need to talk to him, it's an emergency." He tells the guy.

"Of course. Yeah, head on in and while you pull up I will call it in and tell the guys at front." The guy says.

Rainey thanks him before the guy opens the gate up and we begin driving towards the front of the house.

I couldn't believe my eyes. This mansion was bigger than Nolton's and apparently had a lot of security.

There was a part of me that found the reactions from the men who were standing around outside guarding the place as they looked in horror practically and disgust at the RV, made me want to laugh.

After pulling up, he warned us to let him do all of the talking while assuring us we were safe here, although he wouldn't tell us still in who exactly this guy was we were seeing. We trusted him though.

Once we got out, the guy at the front door had greeted us and both him and Uncle Rainey said 'hi' while greeting each other with a bro hug before we began walking inside, following the guy into a huge room, that I can only assume was an entertaining/TV room.

We all sat down and I couldn't stop holding Nolton's hand becoming more nervous every second because of the many guys that were here. There seemed to be just as many guys guarding the place inside as there were outside - even Nolton hadn't had this many at his place.

We weren't waiting for more than a couple of minutes before a man who seemed to be maybe a few years older than Rainey, had a bit of a bigger built than him and more grey hair than dark, walk from around the corner into the room with two men following after him.

"Raineyyyy." He greets Uncle Rainey with a smile as he walks up towards him and shakes his hand.

"Groman." Rainey greets him back.

"Oh my god, is that Nolton?" The guy asks as he looks over Rainey's shoulder at Nolton.

"Yeah. He is all grown up." Rainey tells Groman.

"Yes he is." Groman agrees as he walks up and sticks his hand out at Nolton who stands up and shakes his hand.

"Do I know you?" Nolton asks.

"I met you when you were little. Your Uncle has told me all about you for years and also, you DO have quite a reputation." Groman mentions.

Before Nolton had a chance to respond or anything, Groman switched his attention over to me and introduced himself and kissed the top of my hand then did the same with the top of Marlie's hand and then shook hands with Brett and the rest of the guy's before he had us all sit back down while he too took a seat in an armchair across from us.

"So, what can I do for you?" He asks Rainey.

"We need your help with someone." He began.

"Well no shit. Who?" He asks while lighting up a cigarette.

"Marlon DeMuchi." Rainey says.

Groman looks at Rainey and then Nolton before back at Rainey again and blows out the smoke from his recent puff.

"What has he done now?" He asks.

"He's coming after my nephew for no good reason but to be, no offense, the sick and twisted little shit we always knew he would be." Rainey says.

What did he mean by 'no offense' and that he always knew Marlon would be a little shit?

"What are you guys talking about?" Nolton asks.

"You didn't tell him?" Groman asks Rainey.

"Tell me what?" Nolton asks firmly.

"Marlon is my stepson." Groman states before going on about how after he married Marlon's mom, he ended up adopting Marlon and raising him the best way he could but that Marlon wasn't ever mentally stable and refused to seek help so he left to be out on his own, however, he knew better than to mess with him.

"Is he afraid of you or something?" I found myself asking and not realizing I had out loud until he smiled at me before replying.

"In a way, yes. You see, more than anyone else in this business, I have more connections. I have International connections. Not just in the FBI and all of them but for in this business as well. In which I also have the ability and power to help some start a new life." He says the last part looking at Nolton.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)