CHAPTER 12: Why The Guilt?!?

NOLTON

Throughout the next several days since the pool party, I couldn't stop thinking about the talk Leona and I had. I couldn't even believe I had told her what I did about my parents. Although it wasn't detailed, still, I should not have brought it up.

Then the fact that I had almost blown it in giving details of what I did for a living.....I don't know. Normally I don't hesitate around anybody about what I do and most of that reason is because people know who I am and what I do.

For the last several days, things have been extremely busy between meetings with new clients and breaking the contracts with others.

Mostly though, I wasn't able to concentrate a lot of the time because I somehow would think about Leona. I didn't know why and have become more stressed and distracted than I have been in a very long time and it never helped things neither whenever I noticed Brett was talking, messaging or out with Marlie.

I needed to get rid of a lot of this anger and frustration, so I headed downstairs into the gym room and started punching the bag. Jabbing at it hard each time, nearly breaking it almost.

Afterwards, I felt pumped and real good. Much better, as I always do when I finish a good workout like that one especially.

I started heading upstairs towards my bedroom to shower and get ready to possibly go out tonight since there is a small break with everything today and throughout the rest of this week.

While almost at my bedroom door, I stop when I see Brett walking out of his bedroom, looking as though he is on his way out.

"Seeing Marlie again?" I asked.

"Yeah. Jealous?" He remarks.

"Pff. You know I don't do that relationship stuff. If you want to be tied down and have your freedom taken away, have fun." I tease him.

"Yeah, I will. And you continue to act like you don't want her best friend." He shakes his head and laughs.

"Fuck you." I scowl at him.

"Nah thanks. I save all that for Marlie." He comments then heads off.

"You need to seriously Google better comebacks." I call after him.

He just laughs out loud and then heads out.

Once I finished taking a shower and got ready, I headed out with a few of my guys. I needed to get laid tonight and I needed to get Leona out of my head.

When we arrived at one of the nearby clubs, which I normally don't go to but thought why not, the guys and I started at the bar as usual then they all found girls and started dancing with them as did I.

There was one girl in particular though that was eyeing me since I walked into the club and after a few drinks and dances, we began heading out towards my car when she stops us and leans back against the side of the club, pulling me closer to her by my shirt and we start making out as I place my hand beside her head onto the wall as we continue making out.

I start to move my other hand up her shirt as she moves her hand around my bulge inside my jeans.

Things become more heated by the second and right as she begins to unzip my jeans I look in her eyes and that's when I see Leona.

I try and shake the image of her face out of my head but can't.

"What is it?" The girl asks me out-of-breath.

"Nothing." I tell her.

"Would you like to fuck at my place instead?" She asks.

It takes me a brief moment to decide but then finally decide.

"Let's go." I then take her hand and we head back to her place.

*************************
The Next Morning

I woke up with a bad headache. I needed to get something quick to get rid of it and after rubbing my eyes to wake up more and noticing beside me was the girl I had hooked up with, I somehow started having a feeling of regret.

That isn't the strangest part though. The strangest part about that entire thing is the fact that the entire time we were fucking, I kept thinking I was fucking Leona. Except this girl didn't have thick hips and wasn't curvy.

Don't get me wrong, she is hot but, for some reason, I kind of wished I didn't do it.

I got out of her place quietly and started up my car downstairs then began heading to a coffee shop nearby that had the best muffins and coffee in town.

After arriving, I waited on line behind ten people and when I looked to see if the Manager or Assistant Manager was working today so that I didn't have to wait. However, I quickly noticed that neither was working or was probably just on a break. So the waiting game it is.

While standing in line, I looked down at my phone and began scrolling through any messages I had missed and what not. But there was nothing.

After eventually getting my coffee and muffin, I started heading out and before heading back into my car, I saw Jackie walking towards the coffee shop.

"Hey!" She greeted me with a smile and kiss on the cheek as we always greet one another.

"Hey." I greeted her back.

"Rough night?" She asks with a cocked eyebrow.

"Yeah. Something like that. What are you doing here, I thought you hated coffee?"

"Yes well, Leona has gotten me hooked on their tea lemonade here. It's yummy." She smiles.

"Oh. Tea drinker now?" I began to tease a little.

"Hell yeah." She laughs. "Besides, I thought I would grab the drinks and breakfast this time since Leona always does."

Wow, she does that? That's a nice gesture. Huh, not at all what I pinned her as before we talked and hearing Jackie tell me that.

"Anyways, I have got to get going. I'll catch up with you later, since we have to go over a few things." She mentions.

"Okay. Well, if you want, hit me up whenever but, I can stop by tonight when you guys close if you'd like." I offer.

"Okay. See ya then." She smiles.

We then both take off with her going into the shop and me heading back towards the house.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)