CHAPTER 10: Starting Over??

NOLTON

Things have been going real good and got to finally get the deal with a client I have been trying to get for a while.

Then recently, I had gotten an invite to a friend of mine, Jackie's, pool party at her place. Jackie and I have been good friends since a few years back when I helped her get a shop of her own.

She told me she was throwing her annual Pool party that she had every Summer and I haven't missed a party of hers yet, so I asked several of my guys to come along with me and had invited Brett and even Marlie, in which he said he might meet us there.

Well, I had to finish up a few things so I didn't have to worry about it later on before we headed over towards her place.

Brett told me him and Marlie were already there and as soon as I arrived and hugged Jackie, I went around greeting everyone and meeting some new people. I swear, this girl makes friends left to right.

My guys a split off and started hitting on some girls and I went to grab a drink before eventually finding Marlie and Brett, standing off on the other side of the pool, talking to some people.

"Hey man, you made it." Brett said.

"Yeah." I replied and said hi to Marlie.

"Hey." She replied.

I don't know why but I began looking around thinking I might see Leona because I am sure she would have been invited by Marlie. However, I didn't see her right away.

So I grabbed something to eat and began talking to this girl who had seemed to be eyeing ever since I had arrived, then I saw her come walking out from inside the house.

Oh my god. That swimsuit. Those sexy thick curves. I bet her ass looks good in that swimsuit.

She walks towards the buffet of food and I excuse myself from the girl for a moment then walk over and start to load a plate like her.

"Jackie always has good food." I mention.

"Yeah." She smiles then her smile quickly goes away the moment she looks up at me.

"Now before you ask or accuse me of following you, I know Jackie. She invites me to these things every year." I tell her.

For a moment I start thinking that it is possible she may create a scene and flip out but I notice her take in a deep breath and then let it out before replying in a way that surprises me.

"I wasn't going to accuse you of following or anything like that. In fact, I have decided to not let you affect me that way. And also, I owe you an apology from the night a couple weeks ago when you say down and I was rude. I had a bad day and just wasn't wanting company." She tells me then places some strawberries onto her plate.

"I accept your apology. In fact, why don't we start over?" I suggest.

"Okay." She nods.

"So how does Marlie know Jackie? Or did Brett invite her and you?" I asked as I grab some plastic forks and spoons and a napkin for us both.

"I actually work for Jackie at her shop. I invited Brett and Marlie." She says.

We both begin walking over towards a vacant small round table and sit down to eat.

I was surprised to hear that she works for Jackie. Why didn't Brett ever tell me she was working there?

"Do you like it?" I asked trying to make conversation.

"I do. It's fun and she doesn't treat me like I'm a new employee neither." She tells me as she takes a bite of a wing.

Just the way she eats the wing and sucks the sauce off it, I don't know why but her lips.....Wait, I have stop that.

"Yeah, she's a good person. She likes making people feel comfortable and to be honest, I always thought she should be a counselor or a life coach. She likes bringing confidence to people." I chuckle.

"She does. Which is good. And she would have to to be owning a place like she does." She comments.

I like this side of Leona. In fact, I like who I am around her. Even though it has only been just little bit's of time that I have been around her, she has that effect on me and have taken notice.

Not to mention if her and I get along, Marlie and Brett wouldn't have to worry about there being any awkwardness or anything.

We seem to be getting along so far and not feeling awkward neither. Then Brett as Marlie make their way over to us and completely ruin the moment. But I guess that's okay.

While the night drew in closer, every year right as it becomes dark, Jackie usually has a fire going in the fire pit while still playing music, with the light in in the pool that changes colors and practically her entire house and even backyard here becomes like a club scene. Loud music starts going, people are dancing and continuing to have fun throughout the rest of the night.

Somewhere along the line, it seemed like Marlie, Brett, Leona and I all split up and went in different directions and started talking with others people.

Then I had gone to use the bathroom inside the house and while on my way out I was stopped by a girl I was talking to earlier before I went over to speak with Leona.

"Hey there sexy." She coos at me while moving closer towards me.

"Hey Lacie." I replied.

"I haven't seen you in a long time. You haven't even called me." She tells me.

"Come on Lacie, you remember what happened the last time we hooked up. You thought it meant more than it was and I had told you that night that we were just hooking up and then the next morning you cooked us breakfast and somehow was already attached and thought it meant something, like we were in a relationship, so I called it off and said I wouldn't call you again." I reminded her.

"I know but, I promise, this time it would just be fucking. Nothing more." She tells me.

I start debating in my head if I should believe her and trust her before taking her up on that offer but then I notice out the corner of my eye, it was Leona and she seemed to be walking inside.

So I quickly try to get away from Lacie but she grabs my hand and turns me back to face her then right before she gets ready to forcefully kiss me, I look at Leona who has her hands up.

"Sorry, don't mind me, I was just grabbing my things."

Why do I feel like I have been caught and needed to explain myself to Leona?!?

Fuck me, what is happening to me?!

Next chapter will be posted soon! :). I wanted to also note that at the time I had no idea in how to word it about why Brett had acted as though he had no idea that Nolton was coming when in reality he did. In the full version of course I will have it make more sense but until then, I meant that he was on iousky not wanting Leona to find out that he knew he would be there. Lol. Sorry for the confusion.       
:(  Hope you all still like it though. :) Love you all! :):)