26 - tease

Content warning⚠️: smut

I bet you didn't see that one coming. Hehe.

Now that you read the warning, enjoy (or skip). <3

I truly don't remember how long Joel and I had been laying on the couch of his apartment, snuggled up together in silence. But it must have been at least a few hours because yet again the credits of another movie started to appear on the screen of his big TV once I opened my eyes after a while.

"Are you tired?" Joel asked in a low voice like he was afraid he would scare me although he saw that I was wide awake. His arm was resting on my shoulder, while he proceeded to brush my cheek with his soft fingers. "Maybe a little." I answered and let out a small yawn. Time had flown by so fast, it was already getting dark outside. "Should I walk you back to Aleksi's apartment?" Joel muffled against my hair. Apparently he liked the sweet, flowery scent of my shampoo.

"No I think I'm actually gonna stay here tonight, if that's alright with you." I didn't want to leave Joel on his own after I saw what being confronted with his unleashed emotions had done to the older one. He seemed normal now but I was still a little worried.

"Yes, of course that's alright with me." He placed a soft kiss on my head, his fingers were still running up and down my cheek. "I think I'm gonna take a quick shower before we go to bed. Will you let me get up?" He asked and looked down on me patiently. "Ughh alright." I grunted and moved aside so Joel could lift himself up from the couch. He disappeared from my view and after a few minutes I could hear the steady noise of running water coming from his bathroom.

It took me a while until I was mentally prepared to get up from that couch. The position I was laying in was really comfortable but if I wanted to get to Joel's bedroom I eventually had to move.

Once I had shuffled from the living room to Joel's cozy looking bedroom I decided that sleeping in a skirt and a shirt would be rather uncomfortable so I opened his dresser and pulled out the next big tshirt I saw to change into. Once I had exchanged my clothes for Joel's shirt I immediately felt even more relaxed and tired but those feelings were overshadowed by the ringing noise of Joel's doorbell. "Who is it now?" I sighed and rushed towards the front door.

When I opened it my mouth immediately formed a wide grin. Joonas was standing infront of me, holding a sixpack of beer in one of his hands. "Oh, hey Naomi. I didn't expect you here this late. Isn't it already past curfew?" He joked, raising one of his eyebrows at me while giving me a questioning look.

"Haha, very funny Joonas. But no, I am actually sleeping here tonight. Joel hasn't been doing so well." I saw how the big smile on Joonas face disappeared. He was looking at me in concern. "Why? What happened?" He asked and you could see that he was very worried about his best friend.

"That's a long story. We ordered Pizza and apparently the delivery guy was someone Joel used to know from high school. They didn't really get along, he was some kind of bully back then. And that guy reminded him of Matti. How he died." I swallowed and felt a lump in my throat that didn't seem to go away. The memory of Joel's hurt eyes, tear stained face and painful screams were haunting me.

"Oh no that's bad. But you will take care of him right?" I simply nodded and forced myself to a little smile. "Good. Well I guess that means no drinking for me tonight." He let out a short laugh and rubbed the back of his head, looking down on the sixpack of beer he was holding up with one hand.

"I guess so, I'm sorry. But you can spare those for Friday maybe. I got the apartment." I answered and Joonas' lips were forming a big grin again. "No way! Congratulations! I am definitely going to bring those on Friday then." After I had told him the news Joonas and I pretty much got bogged down in conversations about everything and anything for what felt like hours until I percieved Joel calling my name through the walls.