Chapter 3: Waste of Time

YAY!!!! Finally we are getting into Grayson's mind! Enjoy! Also look out for the <>!

Grays POV

Walking out of homeroom was just another painful reminder that I had another six more hours here. I wasn't sure if I could take it much longer, but it brought comfort to my mind knowing that this was my last year of this dreadful place. Before long, I would be finished with all this high school life and would never have to come here again.

When I first arrived in this city, there was a small time when school wasn't so bad, but that moment of enjoyment ended as soon as reality kicked in that no one liked me and I never belonged here. It was then I realized I was only wasting my time doing assignments that held no real value. It didn't help that no one liked me here, and no one understood my story, nor did they want to. In all honestly, I didn't want to understand them either. They were full of simple and basic ideas with no true notion of the real world, not like I had seen.

As I walked towards my next class, my attention turned to a glittering smug in the corner of the hall. It sparkled like a soap bubble and caused me to stop and stare at it for a second. The sight of the Starring caused me to frown since I had never seen something like this so far from the magical gate that I was in charge of. 

Starrings was what the little sparkling blotch was called. It was showing proof that some magical being from the Churchwell realm casted a spell. But the realm that I was from knew that no magic should be used on earth for many reasons. 

Seeing this was concerning to me, not just because it didn't belong here, but because here out of all places was in such a popular place of interaction. Even though it was completely harmless, it stood their sparkling as if warning me something would come, and we had to be ready.

At this moment, I felt something warm and solid collide with me, causing me to take a step back. With a frown, I looked at the girl with curly brown hair in surprise, since everyone avoided me like a plague. I couldn't remember a time when someone ran into me like this.

"Oh gosh, I'm sorry," the girl said in a flustered tone as she tried to clean up her pens that she just spilt on the squeaky polished floor.

I looked down at the at least 12 different colored pens and wondered how many she actually needed for school. She couldn't have used all of them, could she? "It's ok," I said, brushing her off as I reached to help clean up her pens.

"I really should watch where I'm going," she frowned as she stuffed her pens in her backpack with haste, as if she didn't care about her colored pens at all. She fought blush that came to her tanned sun kissed cheeks as she looked at me, almost as if she was embarrassed. Probably embarrassed of talking to me. She was the new girl and by now she must have known the rumors about me. 

At first, I was unsure what to say as I stared at her. She could have ran from me but she stayed her ground, looking at me with concern. This girl had said more to me than almost anyone else in the school since the start of the semester. "Happens to the best of us."

She nodded with a small smile, taking ease in my comment, then held out her hand. "I'm Stella."

I looked at her hand but refused to shake it knowing what would happen if I touched her. There was a reason we needed to stay away from humans. We were too different and if she just touched me, she would know I wasn't like her. 

My thoughts took me back to Easton that befriended me when we first moved here. I was stupid to think that I could be friends with a human no matter how kind they were. He shouldn't have died, and I vowed that I wouldn't let that happen again. Stella would know soon enough that I did not interact with anyone in this school.