Chapter 7 - Power Play

Chapter Seven - Power Play

Ezekiel wasn't sure what to expect after his harsh words....but he should have known that there would be serious backlash.

"I think someone's forgotten who the hell he's talking to! Do you really think you've got what it takes to go up against any of us!" sneered Ezekiel's green eyed brother, Lander.

With a brisk step he brushed past Walter and approached Ezekiel with eyes full of open aggression.

Lander was Ezekiel's second eldest brother.

He much like Walter had wide shoulders, but his hips were more narrow and defined by muscle and sinew. Defined but slimmer he was built for the Shift, the streamlined body made for hunt and kill, like the leopard that slept inside of him. His hair was a stark mix of golden and light golden that was long enough to brush the tips of his ear in the front, but long enough to dust his neck at the middle and back of his head.

And unlike Walter Landers face was free of all facial hair, though his upper chest was also dusted with shot golden hair. While his left eye brow was triple pierced, with three simple green amethysts that shimmered in the sun, but barely sparked in the moonlight. And with his hair swiped back with the morning dew that had soaked him through to his jeans.

"You'll take care of it? And let's all just forget that you're playing with fire!? You are so freaking ignorant sometimes Ezekiel. " Lander pointed out marching across the clearing. Pine needles crunching as he walked.

"You touched it remember!? The bloods all over you! Now your scent is on the mortals skin, not to mentions his blood being all over your shirt. So...Even if we did leave it with you and you took it into the village.... Dads gonna smell the blood on you tonight when he comes home. Then Dads gonna find the mortal and that will be it! And you can't not come home 'cause then he'll be looking for you. Either way you're caught. So we can't just "Let you take care of it." Because you're already in deep shit!!" Lander shook his head. "But I don't really care about what happens to you or this intruder, but now you've drug us into this mess with you!"

"I said I didn't want your help!! Now back off!?" Ezekiel snarled. Lander took one bold step after another towards him and the mortal.

"But you want Mom to get involved!? For some stranger?" Lander hissed in outrage, still coming at him.

"I know what I'm doing!!" Ezekiel hissed, taking a steep over the mortal to stand in his more emotional brother's way.

"No you don't you lil shit!!" Lander said. "Every Shifter in this Clan knows not to go anywhere near a mortal, but you just had to try didn't you!"

His brother hissed as Ezekiel came abreast of him, but Lander dominated him, with his slightly taller body.
Ezekiel tried to respond in an even tone instead of a growl but he failed. "I know the damn rules. He's my DAD too you know!"" Ezekiel replied to Landers harsh words. "And of course I don't want to get MOM mixed up in this!"

Lander smirked, but Ezekiel ignored him and kept talking. "But, I definitely can't risk taking the stranger half way across the Clan Lands to the other Healers house either."

"Why not?" Lander hissed in irritation. "Anyone but mom would be better!"

"Well for one, you asshole." Ezekiel snarled at his infuriating sibling. "I wouldn't be able to get the mortal all the way over to the Eastern village before sun up. And by then there will be far too many Shifters outside preparing for the upcoming harvest. If I get spotted with the mortal, not to mention if one of them smells the intruder, count on word of this getting back to father faster than a fly settling on shit." Ezekiel said and smoothly ignored how Lander glared at him for his vulgar use of language. "So that just leaves mom."