Chapter 34 Q&A

Sometime later found Brandon alone. Clean, exhausted beyond words, a soft throb of pain on every inch of his body, and tucked back into bed.

A good two hours had passed since the female Shifter, Glen had left him to rest and to await his second interrogation of the day and third interrogation of the week and he just wanted to get more rest. And yet try as he might to fall back asleep, he struggled to fall back into unconsciousness. He tottered on the edge of awake and darkness. His mind felt too heavy, the dreams floating there and the memories he didn't want to visit would torture him. He was too weak, and worried to fight off his subconscious, and too scared to submit to it. So he had forced himself to stay awake and this is how the Shifter with blue eyes found him.

Sleepy. Pissed. And in no mood to have a chit chat. But somehow the Shifter almost shattered all of that with nothing but his presence.

A soft knock at the door, pulled his tired eye lids up a moment later the door cracked open slowly and in a familiar and unfamiliar face appeared. Eyes shining like two lights made of blue florescence caught sight of him and....for what felt like the longest time, but was only a minute, Brandon realized that the Shifter wasn't hard on the eyes at all.

The Shifter was tall as all the men in his family seemed to be and even though he wasn't a roided out monster of muscle like the Shifter Mantilo, it was easy to see that he was all definition and lean beneath the faded blue jeans, the barely there sleeveless layered t-shirt that he wore over a chest and dented stomach, that Brandon guessed was the same hard definition as his arms and the same warm vanilla colored tone as the rest of his skin. Dark brown Tim's on his feet and blond hair, streaked with dark brown locks, combed back from his face in a haphazard way that, made Brandon think that he had done it with his fingers.

But no more than his body...his face set in a natural, but expectant expression was just as hard to ignore.

He coolly looked the Shifter up and down and tried to forget that not hours ago he had had this strangers body locked against him. And even then....he had found the blue eyed Shifter to be quite stunning. IT was impossible but the more that he saw the Shifter....the more mesmerized and more visually stunning he seemed. And Brandon had only been awake for a few hours. He was embarrassed by his reactions and thoughts and he refused to let them show.

The Shifter nodded at him silently, closed the door behind himself.

Dammit....why am I all anxious?
Brandon thought to himself as the Shifter came closer to the bed.

He hated to feel a bunch of nerves in his stomach....but couldn't turn it off because he was anxious no matter how hard he tried to fight it. And Brandon hated that. He also hated that he suddenly felt just a smidge better for no discernible reason since the Shifter had walked in. But....he did.

Until the Shifter walked up to the bed and reached out toward Brandon to shake his hand. And that's when he saw it. A blade. His blade. OR more pacifically the grip and handle of the blade that he was currently missing.

Not really thinking about what he was about to do. Brandon went to sit up and pretending to be weaker than he really was he took the hand that was offered to him. And ignoring the terrible strain that it put on his hip, he surged forward and attempted to wrap his hand around the blade on the Shifters hip.

Suddenly he had a hand at his throat like a clamp of steel it held him as the Shifter pressed a hand full of claws to his face and slammed him back into the pillows. "Are you trying to get yourself killed?" He hissed, his face inches away from Brandon's were slit and glowing a brighter blue the only seconds before. He glared down and Brandon tried not to be dominated by the animal that he saw there. Something calm, calculating. Something that was analyzing him. Hunting him.