Chapter 72- Ghouls

In the aftermath of the attack, nearly five minutes passed where Ezekiel and his brothers simply took the time to regroup and compare all of their injuries.

And Ezekiel spent most of those scant moments vigorously scrubbing at the foul blood and torn flesh smeared all over his face, caught in between his teeth and clogged up beneath his nails.

Using the shredded cloth from one of the tables that had been destroyed he cleaned away the blood as best he could.

The Guardian also used that time to put the....rage back in its place. To wrap it up tight and lock it away. He had to. Ezekiel didn't dare let it burn out or dissipate, because for a Shifter like him....a Reaver.....there was no end in sight. The rage was bottomless once unleashed.

Luckily Ezekiel had more than enough to focus his attention on, besides the burning need to smash and growl. To Ezekiels immediate and all-consuming relief everyone had managed to survive the attack mostly unscathed.

Brandon still sported a few cuts from the glass. And both Lander and Walter proved to have superficial wounds form their own encounters with the
beasts, and after a few seconds of rest....all of the brothers were more than ready to get their revenge. Ready to hunt the intruder's that had tried to end them.

****

"So, Heres the plan. I'll remain here with the Brandon. Ezekiel....Lander, go get on their trail." Walter began as the brothers huddled together. "If u see the intruders don't go after them alone. Simply scout the surrounding fields for now....Make sure that they've at least left the perimeter around the house and aren't trying to double back for another
ambush." Water easily commanded, obviously in charge.

The Eldest brother stood stiff and still, supporting his right leg, and tilting his left leg....which was the only sign that his elder brother
had suffered a broken fibia not ten minutes ago. Slowly the big cat inside would heal Walter....but Ezekiel knew that it would be hours still before his brother would be able to do more then limp a few feet and only with tremendous agony:

Ezekiel nodded as Walters commands ceased. But in the back of Ezekiels mind he registered the fact that....since the attack Brandon had not only distanced himself, but that he had become as silent as a ghost.

Now Brandon stood a few feet back, nearly in the middle of the day room glancing at all the damage. Looking uncertain and unhappy.

>Felling the distance between them aquetly and not really knowing how to close it.....Ezekiel turned to Lander suddenly and tapped him on the back of the head.

"Hey...."
Ezekiel began, tilting his head in Brandon's direction so that his brother would follow him with his eyes. "You have something to say to him Lander. He saved your life."

To Ezekiels surprised Lander actually smiled at him. His green eyes shining slightly. "Your right...." Lander hissed...and without another word he turned and made his way towards Brandon's space.

Ezekiel trailed behind him suspiciously and to his aggravation he was justified to be anxious.

"Hey....Candy Pants!" Lander called in a bold tone that had Brandon flinching and turning to face him.

Once Lander had caught his eyes he stepped into his space, crowding the mortal. "So I know things got a little intense back there... and I just wanted to tell you...?" Lander began sounding sincere, but his smile was more of a sneer as he growled in Brandons face.

"That No one asked you for your fucking help..." Lander growled then he turned, smacked Ezekiel on the back. "How was that?" He snarled and walked in the opposite direction, leaving them
behind.