Chapter 69 - How To Talk

For another two days after the Guardians returned Brandon was determined to stay in his room. Electing to skip out on patrols with Ezekiel and stay in seclusion...until the third afternoon came and passed him by.

Needing to stretch his legs and knowing that the Mansion tended to be empty in the evenings Brandon finally came down to the parlor, turned about in the open area, taking a few moments to decide which direction he would go in. Weather a trip back up the steps to his room would be his choice....or if he would take a seat on the steps and just watch the sunlight glancing inside from the windows around the door?

But his choice of activity was decided for him in the next few moments. Brandon nearly jumped out his skin when a slim arm wrapped around his and yanked him down the hall.

"Glen!" Brandon blurted in surprise as he stumbled. Along behind her small, but surprisingly strong and sure skip.

"Come on, hurry!" Glen cried. Brandon felt an urgency in her insistent pulling....but he couldn't help noticing that this urgency was at odds with the small smile and the determination on her face.

Not exactly prepared to push the Leopards away or to fight his way free Brandon let himself be drug, back, and to the right of the stair case....into a part of the mansion he hadn't felt the need to visit.

Suddenly he was in the Day room. He knew this because the moment that they steeped into it Glen proudly exclaimed as much.

"Brandon....this is the day room, one of the quietest and handsomest places in the whole house!" Glen told him, stopped and softly amended. "Well aside from the library of course."

Brandon glanced about the room, quickly taking in the area. It was a room twice as wide as his bed room, but just as narrow was the parlor, with the short ends of the room sporting small shelfs, filled with various vases, trinkets and books, while the long right side of the Day room, was lined with five large, crystal clear windows, covered by the same white gossamer curtains that covered all of the other windows in the Leopards mansion.

While on the long wall of the Day room sat a large, and unlit fireplace, which looked to Brandon like it could fit half a tree. The middle, or filling of the Day room consisted of long short backed couches, three arm chairs centered about a small brown table top and two other tables and shelfs.

Some of the tables held intricate silken table mats while others were covered in flowers, pottery, candle holders and even a few simple board games. In the back of his mind Brandon noticed the chess board, open far to the left of the room, when it looked like a game had quickly been abandoned by one of Glens family member's. Still noticing that Glen hadn't thought to release him, Brandon firmly, if gently removed himself from her clutch and asked her. "What are we doing in here?"

Completely unconcerned with his suspicious tone, Glen took a twirl around him and walked over to a table, where two high backed, drown chairs had been centered across from each other....and a tray stacked full of sandwiches and two very specific cups sat. "Sit." Glen offered, Green eyes indicating the chair to the right. Indicating that it was for him.

Brandon didn't move. He didn't respond. And he didn't know how long he didn't do it. He was out of his element....he was suspicious...and just a little intimidated.

"What are you doing Glen?" Brandon inquired, uprooting his feet from their spot and finally nearing the chairs and the table....as the silent hesitation in him slowly eroded beneath Glen's soft gaze and patience.

Glen shrugged and motioned to the food and drink she had apparently prepared for him and her. "Were just....talking and drinking tea...." She said simply.