Chapter 50 - Say It Again

Chapter 50

The moment Ezekiels presence and voice faded out of the room, Brandon found it harder not to focus on the pain.

Brandon sank his teeth into his cheek, trying to stall the tears that wanted to build as the blood continued to gather on his hips. He felt the damp warmth dripping off his side and hitting the edge of stool and for a split second he wished that his energy would return. He wished that he haven't temporarily banished the power inside that could wipe away every little ache and pain.

But just as quickly as he made that wish he took it back and mentally set it aflame.

Yes......Brandon knew that the power inside of him could wipe away his pain, but it could also wipe away every living thing in that house with him.

So instead of continuing along those ultimately useless trains of thought, he focused on his pain.

There was a throb in Brandon's entire left side. Thump....thump....thump. It radiated out of the torn stitches and flesh and organs that he had.....quite foolishly damaged the other night. Every breath was like a hot poker to his guts.

It was excruciating. It was all he could focus on. That and the rude sounds that the blond haired Shifter across the kitchen was making at his expense. Brandon didn't have to recall that this was one of Ezekiels brothers....or that he went by the tittle Guardian like Ezekiel. His brother who went by the name of Lander.

Brandon looked at him; A tall, handsome, blond haired, green eyed, mass of muscles with a raw magnetism about him that attracted the eyes no matter how hard Brandon didn't want it to, but unlike Ezekiel his brother had a harsh vibe about him. A feeling came off of him that stung like the edge of a cold knife against Brandon's skin.

Brandon couldn't stand that feeling or the way that Lander had a perpetual sneer plastered across his charming face, even while he stood across the kitchen preparing a meal.

His eyes seemed far too dark to Brandon, like there were grey clouds brewing just beneath their hostile surfaces. And the expression in his face was full of sneers and condescension and a hint of rage; it was like Lander, knew everything everyone else was thinking and he hated them for thinking it.

What's this guy's problem?
Brandon thought to himself dully, letting his curiosity fog the pain a bit.

Lander must have sensed Brandon's eyes on him, because he glanced up from the food he was preparing

"Hey....." Brandon panted, stopped, and then tried again. "What are you grumbling about?"

"Me? I'm just thinking about You....you queers are so dramatic...." Lander murmured, he cut his eyes at the obvious blood drenching his shirt and shook his head as if in disappointment.

"Ezekiel looks like hes about to pop over some blood and it's not even that bad of an injury..." The blond hair'd Shifter nearly hissed at him. "I don't see why we have to go bothering my cousin for some sissy little mortal."

"Queer? Sissy? " Brandon bit off, unable to summon the strength just yet to infuse his question with any real emotion.

"Did I fucking stutter?" The tall Shifter grumbled as he slathered his bread with a white substance and then quickly tossed the various pieces of his sandwich together.

Brandon laughed in astonishment that one man could be so......vile. Everything about Landers demeanor made it not only unpleasant to be with him, but it also made it terribly hard to believe that someone so crass was related to Ezekiel...much less to Glen.