Chapter 30 - Subdue

The panic that tried to grip him in that moment was so sudden and so unwanted that Ezekiel shoved the grip it tried to take on him away instantly. But even as he turned away from panic...he knew that he had to act quickly.

Ezekiel snarled and turned on his heel and went to pull the door open and alert his family until something across the room smashed into the ground and the sound of desperate scrambling filled the air. And then two seconds later all sound ceased.

Ezekiels head snapped in the bathrooms direction and with a small hiss he dropped his hand from the door knob and tiled his ear toward the bathroom. Silence was all he got at first...then he heard the short rapid breathing of someone who was desperately trying to hide.

"Hello?" Ezekiel said, but no answer came back. He hesitated to approach the bathroom for a few moments as he tried to parcel out the mortals exact where about in the other room, by sound and smell. But his ears only picked up the faintest breath on the air...and his nose was absolutely no help.

The entire room that he was standing in was absolutely drenched in the smell of the mortal's strange blood, antiseptic and the faint tinge of rot form the mortal's ghastly wounds. Everything was skewed for Ezekiel and his inner beast. So he sighed and walked across the room and steeped into the bathroom door way cautiously, glancing around to spot the stranger.

But he didn't have to look far.

The first thing Ezekiel saw when he stepped into the door way was the massive pile of trach spread around half of the bathroom floor. Thin cloths drenched in drying blood, gloves, towels and napkins drenched in alcohol/ chloroform, a shattered soap holder, discarded bandage and gauze packages and an overturned medium sized waste basket, covered the tiles and rugs leading over form the sink to the toilet, and shower. And there, standing slightly hunched over his side, with bandages still over his forehead was a shaky, handsome, if slightly pale, feral looking green eyed mortal.

The second the mortals eyes met Ezekiels his entire body went ridged. He didn't speak he charged at him. Ezekiel assumed that he was trying to escape again and threw his hand in front of him in the universal sign of STOP. But the mortal just came at him faster.

"Hey...Hey wait!"
Ezekiel said and he would have grabbed the stranger and stopped him, but a second before the mortal got close enough for him to apprehend his light green eyes glazed over in a scary light and he reached beneath his shirt and pulled out a syringe.

Suddenly the image of the bathroom in discord and the gauze and bloody cloths all over the ground.

Damn it....he raided the trash for a weapon and found the needles that mom must have thrown away...!

Ezekiel realized as the mortal came upon him, drew back, and tried to plunge the needle into his arm. Ezekiel jumped back out of the bathroom door way.

"Ye-ouch! Are you freaking serious...!" Ezekiel growled as he dodged three more swipes and stabs that the mortal tried to deliver with the syringe clenched in his hand. Then suddenly faking another thrust down the mortal jumped forearm and slammed his hand into Ezekiels throat and shoved him back into the wall with a solid thump as Ezekiels momentum was suddenly interrupted.

Ezekiel snarled as the leopard inside of his roared in outrage. Ezekiel let the power surge up and as he let his claws flow out of his fingertips and his teeth lengthen into fangs....the only thing that snapped him back to rational thought was the sharp and uncomfortable prick against his corroded artery.

"Have you come to kill me?" The mortal whispered in his ear as he pushed on the needle he held to Ezekiels throat. The tip of it just about to prick his skin. With the prospect of having a needle jammed into his throat, it took Ezekiel a moment to register what exactly the mortal was saying, but when it did finally dawn on him he hissed in frustration.